iPhone2,1 (codename for new iPhone) opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, May 13, 2009.

?

Will you buy the new iPhone2,1?

1. Yes. First day!

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Yes, eventually/when contract runs out

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. No, I love my 3G/original iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, the features aren't enough to constitute a new purchase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I don't want to pay for data

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, love my iPod touch!

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. No, I'm on [insert alt carrier here] and AT&T sucks!

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. No, I'm a douche and think Apple sucks! What am I doing here?

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  9. Umm. :)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I decided to start this since, well, I am in love with this unknown device. ;) Well, I wanted to know what other people think about it. Here's an article I will be buying the first day, camping out for the first time for a gadget :D, and all that jazz. I really want to get involved for this one, and that's the best way to do that. :) I don't care what it looks like, or what it does better than the current iPhone, or anything else. I AM BUYING IT. First day. Whatever day that is, June 12, 23, 26, 30, WHENEVER. I will sit outside, and buy that thing.

So, what do you think? A poll will be up shortly, with some options. Ohh, and keep this alive until WWDC on June 9th. It'd be great. :) I'll edit this occasionally to be more up to date. Or Hodapp can. Whatever. :D

I wish I could edit the title later, but a mod can do that on request.

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Nah, I'll only buy another iDevice if they come out with another iPod touch. And if they don't, I'll just upgrade to 3.0. ;)

3. brewstermax

You didn't vote, and I'll be buying a new iPod touch in September too, don't cha know. :D

4. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Sorry, just got a PM as I was about to vote. And are you saying you'll buy another iPod touch whether it has new hardware or not, or only if it has new hardware?

5. brewstermax

I'll buy one on, September 8th, the first day the new one comes out in Sept. I have to stay up to date. It kills me not to.

6. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    How do you know a new iPod touch'll come out? Sorry, I don't keep up to date with this stuff...

7. brewstermax

I have teh majic Apple skillz. It's predictable. Every 2nd Tuesday of Sept. we get a refresh. This one is just 2,2, so not a big upgrade, but something. 3,1 will come the next Sept. :)

8. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Oh, I thought you meant a whole new iPod, not just a firmware upgrade. Got it ;)

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    hear that iPod touch 3rd gen coming to btw.
    I'll get the 3rd gen iPod touch eventually.but Apple or someone must have leaked that to someone and they told a blog etc...
    Sounds sweet!

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'll probably be fine with my iPod Touch 2g 'til the 4g comes out. I really don't need or want a new one with minor upgrades (even if they add a camera and mic, no). And the iPhone, even if it did come to Verizon, the battery life would have to be MUCH better, and I dunno, I don't feel comfortable having all my stuff in one kinda fragile device.

11. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Hey brewster, what happened to the poll? It says no voters voted and then it says I already voted. :confused:

12. brewstermax

There is no "leak". It's all predictable, and you could plot it out for the next 20 years and hit the exact date EVERY SINGLE TIME.

iPod touch 3G: Sept. 8, 09
    4G: Sept 14, 10
    5G: Sept 13, 11
    6G: Sept 11, 12
    7G: Sept 10, 13
    8G: Sept 9, 14

I could go on and on, but that is the EXACT dates for the next 5 years. You can go further on your own.

13. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I will, because right now I have a 1st gen iPhone. I dropped it once about a month back and shattered the bottom half of the screen. Instead of getting a new one then, I decided to wait for the 3rd gen. Plus, pretty soon this one wont be able to play any of the games that come out on the store, they will run slowly. The third gen is bound to have a CPU equal to or greater than the 2nd gen iPod touch.

14. brewstermax

Did you even read the link I gave? :)

And to gscal, that was Zincous trying to make it public. :)

Who voted for I'm a douche?

When does your contract run out? That's why I meant to make it a public poll. :mad:

15. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Ah, thanks. Was wondering what happened. And I hope he makes it public soon, I want to see who said they're a douche. :p

16. brewstermax

He can't I have to wait for arn to do it for me. :| Mods don't seem to have that much power really. Not enough to throughly moderate.

17. brewstermax

I don't honestly think that that many people are that dedicated to buying one the first day. :| I really am, but I may have left out a minority, so they're voting there. I will be camping out. That needs to be an option, "I'm camping out in front of an AT&T/Apple Store for one"

18. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I think that the new iPhone pro ( as I am calling it). Will have a slide of qwerty from the side. Proof? All of apple's pre installed apps with needed text imput now work in landscape. This allows a real physical keyboard with easy implimentation. It will be much thicker and hopefully have a better battery! :D

19. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think that will happen. Too many moving parts and not apples style. They like keeping things simple and clean.

Landscape mode in 3.0 is for users who complained about not being able to type with a bigger keyboard in all apps like in safari.

20. brewstermax

Right. I don't see it happening either. We have enough physical buttons right now. Home and Power allow all sorts of things as is.