iPad iPhone Zombies Game By 13 Year Old!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by willevansapps, Nov 20, 2010.

1. willevansapps

willevansapps Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    #1 willevansapps, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    -----

2. AlienSpace

AlienSpace Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Independent developer
    Wait, you OWN the United Kingdom? Now I feel like such an underachiever.

3. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    Error. Sorry I failed.

4. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    Yes Will Evans you have failed..

I don't even know what the hell that screen shot is supposed to be? Stop trying to sell poxy apps through your little stories about being 13. No one gives a f^4&k, make something worth playing, then come back. You are not a charity.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    #5 Ipadboy, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    Rude.......who cares if his game sucks? At least its on the app store. Im sure at least 1 person paid for it. And hey, now he has +.99$ to go buy Rage SD!!!

BTW, do you even know how to make a game run on and idevice and make it to the apple store? No. Didnt think so. But this kid does!

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Lol how long did it take you to make the logo, It looks like it was made in 5 minutes using paint.

7. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    Your all just so mean tbh. You havent got any apps on the store have you! NO. I am not that good at graphics and I know it that's why I would appreciate it if I could be helped to find someone who is.

8. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Try here; there's probably artists there keen for collaboration. TA has good, useful forums beyond the game releases.

If you really have 10k in the bank then you must be doing something right. I'm 33 and I have -5k in the bank. :D

That said, if I was in your shoes I probably wouldn't go nuts over the fact that you're a young dev. Let your product stand on it's own feet, you'll get a much more rational level of feedback and that is very important.
    Put together a blog with your story in it and link to it but don't ram it down peoples throats via thread titles and content.
    You have every right to be proud of what you've achieved, let people choose whether or not they want to learn about it, you'll garner much more respect that way IMHO.

Keep it up. :)

9. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    Thanks for that link. I have made a post there. As for the other info, it seems to be a two sided story to whether I should use my age or not. Someone else said I should and market it crazily but now you say otherwise. I am just confused.

10. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Marketing is part of the process, it's upto you to decide the appropriate strategy.
    I'm not saying don't mention your age, I'm suggesting a middle ground. Call your blog "Tales of a 13 yr iDev" or something and link to it in your release threads. I would click it to kill some time whilst I download your latest app.

Bottom line is do you want folks to dl your stuff because they want it on it's own merits, or because you're 13? If it's the former then rethink your marketing a bit. If it's the latter then knock yourself out but remember, you won't always be 13...

11. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Don't say your a 13yr old dev. When I saw this, the first thing that popped into my head was "It's gonna be a shitty game". I was right, but that ain't the point right now.

Dont rely on your age to market off something. Build up a reputation other then 13yr old boy makes a game!

And were mean? The Appstore is mean. You didn't think it would be peaches and roses entering the appstore did you? Get realistic. Your not makin' hundreds unless you go the mile.

12. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    Yeh I would like to have people download it because it is good. Many people do enjoy this game. BTW have you played it? If so what do you think(non graphics wise).

13. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    I know the AppStore is mean. I have been with it for a yer now. But some people on this forum are worse. P.S I am making quite a bit £300-500 a month.

14. Registeel

Jun 29, 2010

Uhh.. that means your not 13 anymore. People don't like lying developers dude.

And wtf, as if you get that much a month. People aren't chumps. Unless a hole bunch of retards thought the game was worth it.

And there's no way in hell, or heaven, earth, or any place in that matter I'd buy your game. The graphics are horrible, the icon is blurry, and wth, the zombies are rectangles. So yea, maybe if it went free I'd try it.

The real problem you have is not having a decent artist. If you did, I'd hate to admit, but you'd be a pretty good game maker, with some extra years of knowledge.

15. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    I was 12 when I started. I turned 13 on October 9th. I do need a good graphics artist. Why do you hate to admit it?
    Yes I am making that much. I have 9 apps on the store an all together they make that much.

16. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Try using other programs like gimp to do your logo, To be honest its not that its made by a 13 year old that would put me of the app its the fact that the artwork and effort gone into the game is not shown by your crummy logo and screenshots. No offence kid

17. Registeel

Jun 29, 2010
    +1. Gimps a great program.

18. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    9 apps in a year man get it together, No wonder your apps look bad mate.

You need to spend like half a year sometimes even more to make a app good. Who wants to buy a app made in 1 and a half month.

If you were given 99c to buy a game on the app store the chances is your app wont get bought. Why would someone by your game when they can but Angry Birds, Axe In Face, Fruit Ninja, Monster Dash etc? Maybe of you spent time making the apps good and stop marketing that you are 13 you would do well.

19. triggywiggy

Jan 24, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    I mean in a month or so im going to start on a app. Now i am not going to rush it like it is clearly shown on yours. Im going to take my time and release it at the best quality as i can. Hell i will spend a year on it if i have to, I will spend half a month on the logo if needed. When i get a app the logo is usually one of the factors i put in my head before buying it, After-all the logo is going to be on the screen. If that makes any sense.

20. willevansapps

Apr 24, 2010
    iPhone App Developer
    UK
    I am looking to hire an artist. I spent 3 months coding this game. I can't spend time on logos cause I can't do them.