iPhone XR for gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkarafo, Nov 27, 2018.

1. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Hello!
    I was wondering how is iPhone XR for gaming. Is it ok? Is it worse than iPhone X / 8 plus or you don't see any difference? Some games that are not updated for XR, have black borders at left and right?
    Thank you.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Yea many games still have the black borders where the 6-8 phone displays would end.
    More are being updated but it’s a slow process, not that I blame developers for taking their time when Apple changes their screen sizes every few years lately.

The phone runs great, and for the ones that are optimized, it looks good and the extra space is nice when it’s well utilized.

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Thank you for your reply. So, if a game is ok in older iphones, 6, 7 (not the plus), then would it be blurry in XR because of the bigger screen and lower resolution than 1080p or you will not notice any difference? Maybe are stretched and it would be awful to look at. I have seen in youtube when you put 1080p video in youtube app, it doesn't look so crisp, etc. Is it the same with games too? I have seen only two in a store - Mario and Alto's Odyssey and were very good but maybe these two have been updated exclusively for XR.