iPad Iphone vs. Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CloneWars, Oct 18, 2008.

?

Iphone vs. Ipod Touch

1. Iphone

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Ipod Touch

30 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Iphone

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Ipod Touch

30 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Which one do use?
    There can only be one WINNER.

2. belal.rawi

belal.rawi Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I don't know about the iPhone but the iPod touchs battery, if you can call it a battery, is trash. I recharge it at least twice a day. They try telling me it pasts for 36 hours. Whatever.

3. I know the iPhone has more features, but I choose the Touch over it, because as far as I'm concerned 16GB just isn't big enough to fit all my music/vids/apps on. Maybe when a 32GB iPhone is released I'll get one.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

It probably will if you only play music with it. Other things drain the battery more quickly, especially games, and they say so up front.

--Eric

5. That's right. 30+ hours is probably possible listening to music, so long as Wi-Fi is turned off, the equalizer is turned off, and the screen is in sleep mode, with the volume about half way.

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Touch over iPhone. Once you've bought your Touch, it's paid for (other than new apps of course). iPhone, you keep paying and paying year after year. Even though it may be "subsidized" now with a reduced price, you're phone contract of several years means you'll be paying way more than a 32gb Touch in the end. In fact, you probably would have been able to buy 2-3 Touches by the end of your contract (at least here in Canada). Don't get me wrong, would love to have internet access at all times, but not worth the current price to always be connected.

7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think the iPhone tends to be more business related. It has a lot of online games and apps that are just for fun, but the monthly price is a lot if you just want music and games.

The battery actually works pretty decent on the iPhone after the 2.1 update. You still have to charge it once a day, but it's doable.

8. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    #8 davidovich, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
    For me, it's the iPhone 100%. It's definitely a preference thing, but, for years, I used to be a big Palm Pilot guy. In one pocket, I'd have my Palm device for music and such, and in the others, would be my smokes/lighter, my wallet, my car keys, and of course, my cell phone. Sometimes, I'd swap the Palm Pilot for a handheld gaming console, like the DS, or the GameBoy. I've always wanted an all-in-one device, and I thought I found it a couple of years ago with the Palm Smartphone. However, it was way too bulky and didn't have the same features as the iPhone. It definitely lacked in the gaming department, and I bought a lot of super-crappy $20 games for the platform back then. Not to mention, it was much more expensive, monthly, for the services I wanted. Now, in 2008, I've found the dream device - Small form-factor, combined with a music player, internet capabilities, and the ability to make phone calls - And let's not forget that it, as well as the Touch, plays games better than any other handheld out there on the market. I'm ecstatic with the iPhone and the Touch is great too. Like I mentioned, it's all about preference. If you're comfortable with the stuff you have now and don't want to pay close to 100 bucks for phone service, stick with the Touch. If you're concerned about bulk in your pockets and can afford it, I'd recommend the iPhone. One thing also to note - If you do own the phone, and it gets shut off for non-payment, you still end up with a pretty sweet iPod Touch that can be reactivated as a phone at a later date. As long as you stick with the firmware you have on the device and don't update it, the deactivated phone remains as a fully functioning iPod.

9. I'd be interested to see how many iPhone users do actually wish they had more capacity than 16GB. My first Touch was the 16GB model, and I quickly ran out of room, and thats without all the apps I have now.

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree. I'm not really into gadgets or anything, but having one small device that does pretty much everything is amazing! I never thought I could have GPS, a phone, an unbelievable PDA, and a portable gaming system in something that's smaller than most wallets. It's almost ridiculous what it can do.

Again, I'm not a techie or into gadgets, but this thing is amazing.

11. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Agreed besides the high monthly bill. Having a GPS, Camera, Phone internet access, a portable gaming system, an ipod and a ton of other stufff is super amazing!

12. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I have both but I use the iphone 98% of the time simply cause its always with me; my touch is good when I travel so I don't completely waste my phone's battery watching movies and videos.

13. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Also, if you're a music fan, an Iphone is priceless for one reason: Pandora. That's the most amazing music app I've ever seen. Soon they're supposed to have a "satellite radio" app too.

14. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    \

Yeaaa i LOVE pandora it really is pricelesss

15. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    I'm surprised to see so many Touch fans. I'm sure it's great, but I really enjoy having all my games, music, movies, etc. with me ALL the time. Nobody leaves the house without their cellphone, but I always forgot my iPod.

Both are great products, but I enjoy having the 3G wherever I go. :)

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I always left my house without out my iPod, until I got a Touch! ;)
    I never EVER leave my house anymore without my Touch. Even if I don't plan on using it, I bring it out with me. You never know when you'll need to take down a note use one of the many useful applications, and hey, might even be near a wifi hotspot.
    Again, don't get me wrong, would love to be connected at all times, but for that price, I just can't condone it...
    Either way, they're both great products!

17. CloneWars

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yes agreed the 3G may be the best thing. I use it all the time at my cottage when there no wifi to check my emails etc. Definitely a GREAT feature.

18. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Basically, all things equal, I would get an iPhone... But as it is now, all I have is an iPod touch

19. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I just love the ipod touch. I use everything on it: from email and weather to calendar and all the clock features. The 3G iphone might have a 'constant' internet connection but i'm near a wifi hotspot nearly all the time. I have no need for GPS or a camera, hell, i think i only used the one in my phone like once.

20. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Out in December from all the rumours. Fits in with the 16GB iPhone launching end of last year after the initial 4 and 8GB versions.