Iphone/touch competes with PSP, DSI..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by le'deuche123, Apr 17, 2009.

1. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Wow that post was off topic

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. That is it exactly. I'll fix a bit of that for you, and it'll be perfect.

3. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    I'm surprised to see that you feel that way about the PSP. I mean, due to the rampant piracy issues plaguing that machine since launch.

4. brewstermax

Piracy is bad. Piracy can't be stopped. Perhaps my appropriately placed protests will change one person's mind. But I'm not understanding what you are saying. The PSP sucks.

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Can't you use custom firmware with a PSP? You can also talk with skype if I'm not mistaken. I agree that the PSP isn't the best, but it surely doesn't suck. I'm not a PSP fanboy btw. Go DS!!!

6. brewstermax

The PSP is an epic fail. Sure, you can have custom firmware. Sure, you can use Skype, which I never saw the point of? But the games are horrible.

7. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Again with the piracy talk. You use cracked apps almost every day! You're a contradicting thief. I mean, I use cracked apps too but I don't tell people that it's bad at the same time.

And yes the PSP is a failure and always will be. They should've just made a portable PS2. That would've sold amazingly.

8. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Yah, I agree. Skype is really only useful to those people who have friends to call.

9. brewstermax

You're a funny one. Is that not the point of, oh, I don't know, a PHONE?

10. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    I guess. Skype calls don't broadcast ANI though, which could probably be beneficial for when you are stalking EDNG. Oh, and if EDNG also had Skype, you could breathe heavily into the phone at him for HOURS (at no charge)!!!

11. brewstermax

You're soooooooo funny. I'm may just croak over from laughing. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. [/sarcasm]

12. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    We're banging your mom. Oooh burn.

Anyone think Apple will make a REAL game console anytime soon?

13. brewstermax

I honestly think that they will go into the console market. With the iPlay or something. It'll be great.

14. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    #34 crimson., Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
    It'll probably be all touch control and turn our to be an epic fail with less good games than the PSP.

15. brewstermax

No. I think that they will make this a bigger success than the iPhone and iPod touch is. They know how to take a concept and do something revolutionary. They can do it.

16. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    I think it'll fail if the controler doesn't have buttons. Plus iPods aren't gaming systems.

17. brewstermax

I'm not saying that the controller won't have buttons. The controller will most likely be "crafted out of a solid sheet of aluminum" and feature "smooth, backlit keys". It will also be a musical hub, able to store and play music. :| But all sort of devs will sign on to the high prices, and digital distribution method. :) I think that take iTunes, put it together with a Mac Pro and a Wii, and you have a winner. I love the whole aluminum thing. And it won't have a fan, and will have an SSD. :D

18. crimson.

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    Wii's suck. Combine it with a PS3 or 360 instead and then maybe it won't fail as hard.

19. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    #39 s0mah, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
    lol yah.

A revolution consisting of mostly conforming pseudo-noncomformists, all waving Apple pride flags and sceaming about how playing 5 y/o games on a brand new (yet horribly inadequate) cpu is awesome and revolutionary.

gg!

20. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Ah, yes, turning cell phones into gaming systems. I can feel revolution stirring in my heart.

"I follow the Moskva, down to Gorky Park, listening to the Wind of Chaaaaaange..."