Iphone Thermal Camera Help??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by rhcpdrummer, Feb 9, 2009.

1. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    hey everyone!

Recently my iphone's (first generation, 4gb running software 2.2.1) camera is showing strange thermal images through the sightviewer. I cant think of doing anything that would have started this, it just happend all of a sudden. I'm not jailbroken. I tried Rebooting, restoring, etc. So, do any of you have this problem? Know how to fix it?

Oh, and here are some examples- (A picture of toucharcade's front page as of 2/9/09, and the dining room)

Attached Files:

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    WTH?!..... :confused:

3. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

When you take the pictures do they come out normal or do they look like that?

If they're normal, the camera itself is probably ok, but something's possibly broken in the preview code. If the actual photos are messed up then there's a chance the camera hardware has a glitch.

It would be worth backing up and doing a full restore before going into general panic mode though.

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

You may actually want to jailbreak. It is known to help sort things out.

5. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, i tried restoring and it didnt do really do anything.

But brewstermax- jailbreaking? Do u really think this will work? Because i recall that i had a jailbroken phone, then restored and unhacked it, and about a konth after the camera problem started happening? So what do u think? Please lemme know

Thanks!