iPhone Rumor Roundup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jawslover, Feb 6, 2009.

1. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
  2. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    Interesting, but then again, nothing new.

I think realistically, the next generation of the iPhone will include better battery life, a slight redesign, possibly video conferencing, faster processors for who knows, a slightly better back camera and the 3.0 software. Also, I'm guessing we will see some major/minor App Store fixes and changes.

3. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I would do anything for a physical keyboard

*holds his Blackberry tight*

4. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I don't know, I see the touch and iphone as pure touch screen gadgets with zero buttons where possible (sound and home button are important though) so adding a keyboard or buttons would ruin it imo, you have a blackberry for that :p

5. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #5 Adams Immersive, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    I predict big changes--for all of us--with the 3.0 OS (more BT modes, clipboard, video recording, push, etc.). On the hardware front, I expect nothing major from the next iPhone, just evolutionary. (Speeds will increase over time, though, which means some games will start to tax older touch devices too much.)

Minor hardware tweaks I wouldn't mind seeing:

Digital compass (to supplement Location Services and orient maps relative to the user if desired)

Better camera (it's fine for a phone, but better is... better!)

More speed, higher capacities (of course)--my next phone needs 64GB :)

Change the iPhone speaker/mic design--too easy to block with a finger

WiFi N

Voicemail (and email) blinker (long blinks for # of voicemails, followed by short blinks for # of emails); maybe the home button's square icon could itself light up as the blinker

User-facing camera?

As for the iPhone Nano? Absurd concept!

6. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    I just want a phone with more than 30GB or more. If it has more, good for me :) and a lot of people.

I have a 32GB ipod touch and i only have 50 MB left lol, but they say 32GB and I can only use 29GB.

7. I would hate a real keyboard on the iPhone. It would go against the whole ethos of the machine. Though I would like a d-pad for some of the games :p

8. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah that's 50% of the reason I want a keyboard... Then those NES/SNES emulators might be fun to play.

The other 50% of course being able to type SMS a lot quicker. I'm a big texter.

So until then, I'm a BB user :)