iPhone ringtone app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by phoenix67, Mar 6, 2009.

1. phoenix67

phoenix67 New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I was wondering if it is true that there is a ringtone maker app? My friend told me thats how he got his ringtones since the only way of getting ringtones I know of is buying them off iTunes or using garage band.

If there are other ways of getting free ringtones, please tell me.

2. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    go to iringer.net. Its a free program to download in which u can make as many iPhone ringtones as you want customized whatever part of the song u want, plus fade in or out. U just need the music file on your computer. Its amazing, i have about 40 ringtones on my iPhone. A hell of a lot better than playing a dollar or two or whatever it is on iTunes for a ringtone. It is not an app directly on the phone, you make the ringtones on the computer and then add them to iTunes. There are explanatory videos on the site. iringer.net

3. phoenix67

phoenix67 New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I tried to find the program but I keep getting sent to another site.

4. phoenix67

phoenix67 New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    #4 phoenix67, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
    Should I be sent to thumb play?

Nevermind, I went to .com not .net first

5. ronaldhes

ronaldhes New Member

Mar 20, 2009
  6. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
  7. JDCase

JDCase New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #7 JDCase, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    wow is this seriously a thread? how to make a custom ring tone for the iPhone... I won't even go into how simple of a question that is but let me make sure that you know...

1. DO NOT NEED ANY 3rd PARTY APPS (screw that retards iringer and unless you have a mac skip the itoner) to make your own customized tones
    2. The app your friend told you about (because he felt like being a complete asshat is iTunes. You can create your own customized ringtones using itunes and you don't need to pay & download the song to do it either. you will however have to have it already downloaded... duh right :))

http://www.tuneclone.com/how-to-free-custom-ringtones-for-iphone-3g.php

go to that link right there it has a step-by-step guide to creating customized ring tones using itunes that doesn't require you paying for & downloading it from itunes. Now that guide won't teach you how to fade the song in&out (so the volume increases steadily at the start and decreases instead of starting off instantly loud and just stopping) but it will give you the basics of how to create your own custom ring tones. It's how I first learned to create ring tones I don't use that method anymore but it still works great.