iPad iPhone Pool Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PlayerOneSports, Mar 17, 2009.

1. PlayerOneSports

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi All,

As the App Store is full of Pool Games, I would like to know your thoughts on the good/bad points of them.

I am up for discussion of what you believe works and doesn't.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!!!

2. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I bought Midnight Pool after enjoying the WiiWare title so much, and I haven't regretted it. The gameplay works exactly like you think it would, so it's definitly pick up and play. And it's only $1.99.

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    If you like Sim and want a real game of pool get Virtual Pool. If you want an arcade game that looks nicer then get Midnight pool. We have discussed this to death as seen above.

4. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I second Virtual Pool. If you're looking for a straightforward pool game, you can't go wrong with VP. But yeah, there already are several threads on this.

5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    i have midnight pool on my s.e. mobile and love it for it's 2d plan simplicity. I'd love a pool game for my Touch, but i too am uncertain which to get. midnight pool would be my first choice, but it looks too '3d' for me. virtual pool is also too '3d' for me. i'm looking for a plan view game. is midnight pool also plan view on the touch?

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I also had Midnight Pool on my old mobile and prefer the 2D version to its 3D version. The 2D looks good, the 3D looks unpolished with low-polygon model and low-res texture.

7. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    But the gameplay and the fun of the game definitely makes up for it. Music is also not bad.

8. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Something I'd really love to see is a good "surreal" pool game. Basically accurate pool physics but bizarre innovative games with irregularly shaped tables. The best example I can think of something like this might be Sierra's PC game, Maximum Pool (http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r15135.htm).