iPhone Juice Pack

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Underoath777, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Underoath777

Underoath777 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    L-Dot, Ontario
    Which one should I get, what is the main difference between the Juice Pack and the Juice pack air? Anybody that has one of them can you please explain this to me? Thanks
    http://www.mophie.com/ you will find them both.

Thanks

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The juice pack air is thinner, but cannot store as much power.
    The standard juice pack is fatter, but can store more power.

So what do you want more? A thinner battery or one that can store more power. That's what it comes down to.

3. The JuicePack Air has a smaller battery (1100mAh) but is also slimmer and lighter than its predecessor, and protects the whole iPhone, unlike the original JuicePack, which does have a larger battery (1800mAh) but is bulkier and only protects the bottom, the lower 1/3rd of the sides, and most of the back. I have the Air and it rocks. Just don't use it in conjunction with a full body protector (InvisibleShield et al.); you can still use a screen protector, just nothing for the back. You don't really need it though.

My only complaint about the JuicePack Air is that it comes with a really short (3ft) micro USB cable. I had to go buy a longer cable for where I wanted to put it. It's also a bit hard to remove from the case. Fortunately you'll probably never need to remove it; it automatically charges and syncs right in the case. (No need to press a passthrough button or anything, it's all automatic)

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    And $20 cheaper.

5. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV