iPhone Gaming Website Layout

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jFND, May 4, 2009.

1. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    #1 jFND, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
    No, this isn't AppGamer's new layout, neither will it be anyone's (yet). I just made this today and wanted to test the waters first.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4118/appgamerdesignconcept.jpg

I don't want to stretch the columns, so it's in the link. Just click it and you'll see.

Any thoughts? :)

EDIT: Gap on the left is either for ads, or any other miscellaneous content that don't belong in the main content box.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I find your slogan to be confusing.

3. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Well, it isn't my site, and I just thought that it was something I could throw up quickly for the design. If it makes any difference I could've put touchArcade instead and put up their slogan on the design. But yeah, it's not an official slogan because I've only been writing for the site for around 2 odd weeks. I'd appreciate it if you gave feedback on the actual design, thanks Hodapp :)

4. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I like the aesthetic, but I think the layout should be worked on. It seems kinda cramped together, idk...

5. tonysfavourite

tonysfavourite Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    i like it. the layout is fine...

6. treehuggerflem

treehuggerflem Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    i think it looks pretty slick myself

7. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    what a CJS 2??

8. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    #8 indyraider4, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    I made my suggestions on the previous layout and find this much better and unified. Here are my suggestions for this layout, but overall I would give the old layout a B- and this an A-! much improved and less jumbled.

EDIT: I would also make the page more centered and also have thumbnails of other stories. This would go UNDER the picture and would extend the page a little bit longer, giving more space to the right side, column.

Attached Files: