iPhone from america?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Tharob, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    a friend of me is going to america soon (i live in the netherlands) and i was thinking of asking him to pick me up an iphone. i just have some questions:

1. i want to use yellosn0w to make it sim-lock free. would that work to make an american phone accept european carriers?
    2. will it still work with my european itunes acount?
    3. you buy it with an supscription right? so do you have to activate it right there or can you just dont activite it and use yellosn0w?

thx for your answers

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I think you'd have to buy it with a contract from AT&T here. I really don't think they'd let you buy only the phone. Personally I think you might have better luck having your friend check craigslist or maybe even go on Ebay and see if you can snag one that way.

to answer 2, i think it should work with any iTunes account, all you have to do is put in your username and password..

Good luck!

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    When the new iPhone was released this summer, there was a lot of buzz because you had to activate the phone in the store. (There were network issues which made the buzz even bigger)

So unless they changed things, you can't walk out of the store without a monthly subscription.

p.s. I'm from the Netherlands as well. Hi! :)

4. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    damn thats to bad :(

ok chill :) oranje boven :p