iPhone Drum Machines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1 Booch138, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    Does anyone know of any good Drum Machines on the iPhone? I could use Beatmaker but I was wondering if there is anything with a more intuitive UI for just drums only. I would need it to make a beat, be able to edit the beat, and it have a tempo change. This would mainly be used for metal-type music to be played along with, but one for all genre's of music would be helpful as well.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area (probably is) but I thought I would ask.

Edit: Don't give a damn about the price either.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nanostudio homie.

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Heard about it, but does it offer good samples for acoustic drum kits? Cause thats the only thing Beatmaker lacked. It was great for everything else.

Definitely thank you for the suggestion though. I'm going to read more into it.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    There's a full editable machine inside similar to an Akai MPC, you can load samples to different pads as well as edit your samples with the built in sound editor to get your loops just right. So for example if you have a bank of drum loops/clips/kits on your computer you can send those to Nanostudio and trigger them inside your track.

To answer your question more thoroughly, if you were to be looking for acoustic drum sounds, your choices would be limitless since you can input any sound you find on the internet or you could record your own.

This guy imported hip hop beats

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Perfect. just what I need then. Thanks a lot man, you saved me quite a bit of money (was just going to buy a regular drum machine hardware)

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles