iphone battery drain?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by YouSuckDude, Nov 27, 2010.

1. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    the battery in my iphone3gs has been suffering pretty bad lately. it drops about 1% every 5 minutes while using it. I turned off the phone, 3g and data and killed all the processes in sbsettings and it still drains that rapidly. It IS connected to wifi all the time but it didnt use to drain that fast. I don't have any moving themes or backgrounds and my backlight is set to 50%. any theories?

2. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    1% loss every five minutes is more than 8 hours of battery, which is great for a 3GS. but reducing your backlight (I keep mine at 0) will definitely help.

3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    When I had a 3gs I was always annoyed with the battery life. I had to kill all push notifications, make sure the mail app wasn't on push as well, and keep brightness to a minimum to even get a decent amount of juice.

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Kill Push
    Get rid of battery draining tweaks
    Get rid of themes and multitasking

You already have good battery life

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Do a hard power off/back on by holding down the sleep button until the red slider appears. Do this every time an app crashes-- iOS4 has a bug where crashed apps keep memory in the background, effectively draining battery life.

6. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    thanks. my available memory jumped from 130 to 160 after turning it off and on. i can't have my backlight all the way down...makes it impossible to play MC2 online.

7. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    descreasing brightness really helps