iPhone App/Game Page Organizer

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dlogik, Dec 5, 2008.

1. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Sorry, you kinda missed my point. I was suggesting through the example just how many taps would be required to navigate around. To go through the process described, you would need 6 taps at least. In the current system this could be more or less depending on what page apps are on. Do you see what i mean, a traditional desktop like folder system isn't much, if any benefit. Of course, if my concept was used, and the 2 apps are on diff. pages, you would have similar amount of taps or swipes, but much better than the current system.

I just think folders are a 'computer' concept that might not be the best solution for a phone.

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I agree that folders are a desktop concept, and Apple need not use that name (or appearance). But whatever you call the "categories", I like the concept that the categories would follow the SAME UI already in use. They'd be buttons on the home screen just like apps and web links already are.

I'd rather flip to page two (where I'd put a lot of folders), tap one and then tap the app, than have to swipe to page six or page nine as we do now. And I'm not eager to see a whole NEW UI to solve the problem--I'd like to see it solved within the current 4x4 button system. (But optional additional methods could be offered.)

3. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    JB your iPod and install Categories from Cydia. It's a wonderful app and really lets for having several hundreds apps / games on your phone / iPod, neatly put into subfolders. Highly recommended!

4. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    i also have problems with the way the system is now. i would JB it but i have second gen ipod touch. anyone know when my ipod can be JBed?

5. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Yea, everything described as being "wanted" in this thread is available for free in the jailbreak community, with the exception of the "naming home pages and a selection for them" method.