iPhone 5 Media Event on September 12!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Trysis3, Sep 4, 2012.

1. I still wish the screen was bigger at least 4.3 inch or so. I always get a little jealous when I see Samsung phones with the larger screens. Though, I still like Apple for the games and retina screens.

But really, I don't care all that much cause ever since I got a new ipad, I rarely ever use my iphone anymore. So maybe in some ways it is better if it is smaller for me to carry. But really wish I could use my new ipad as a phone to save costs, since I almost always carry my ipad around since it is so versatile for many different uses.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Wii U?

That doesn't have a release date yet.

3. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Nokia and Microsoft have had a contract since Feb 2011.

If news of an iPad Mini was released and not news of a new touch, I highly doubt it. Although when the iPad first came out, we joked that our iPod Touches were iPad Minis. Maybe the touch is renamed to the iPad Mini? But then, there's news that the Mini is going to be much larger than the touches.

As for making the iPhone taller, won't that mess with game resolutions? I also think that they should've made it wider.

4. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    There have been some rumors of a new iPod touch, but not many. Most iPod rumors got drowned out by iPad and iPhone rumors. Some 'parts' leaked, and a supposed design description leaked, along with several cases matching the description being made by some case manufacturers.

Supposedly, apps made prior to the iPhone 5's release that haven't been updated to support the slightly higher resolution will have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen (the sides in landscape mode).

Making it wider as well as taller would mess up the aspect ratio they're going for, and make it full screen rather than widescreen. Plus, it would make it wider and harder to fit in your pocket.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Not weird at all. Making a smaller port allows the phone to be smaller and for much faster charge and sync times.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, that's true... Hadn't thought about it that way...

7. Nintendo's Wii U price and launch date conference is a day after the Apple conference. Probably not such a great move on Nintendo's part.

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    This is a cellphone, this is a console I don't see the connection here !!

9. Nintendo's announcement will be overshadowed by Apple's. :p

10. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    Same. They promised 5 to be something revolutionary in design yet the changes between 4 and 5 are smaller than 3 and 4.

I'm prolly getting mine early 2013, or when the version supporting european 4G carriers comes.

After having read the new stuff bout 5 I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something as groundbreaking as they did with 4 release, retina and all that, you know.

11. LiuKangBakingAPie

Sep 3, 2012
    Baker
    Shang Tsung's Kitchen
    In apples defense, we have only seen a casing, that's like judging a book by a cover. We still have a very small grasp on what apple might unveil on the 12th

12. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    Lets hope for the best. I've read the rumors though and while they can't be trusted there still hasn't been any really really interesting ones out there.
    Oh and this was supposed to be Steve Jobs' legacy, the phone he had used the most of his time on when comparing to other iphones. Lets hope it is.

13. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I don't think they want to drastically change it- the iPhone is very recognizable. Changing it's appearance as drastically as some people had suggested/rumored would make it not look like an iPhone. They've built a brand, and I think they want to keep it recognizable. They don't really drastically alter the appearance of the Macs or the iPad from year to year.

14. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Some of you are forgetting the transition from the 3G/3GS to the iPhone 4 the design has changed drastically I'm hoping for something like that with the iPhone 5

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #55 Vovin, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

Lol, you're really believing that, don't you? :D Apple has already "stolen" a big piece of Nintendo's cake.

[​IMG]

And it won't stop, I guess. Maybe the time for handhelds is over, if you look at the markets. Multi-functional devices are the first choice of most people.

16. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Haha. I came back to take my post back when I saw this:
    http://www.jailbreaknation.com/ipod-touch-5g-ipod-nano-7th-generation-and-modified-shuffle-to-be-announced-september-12th

17. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    19 Hours 57 Minutes to go!!!

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's not exactly a reliable source of info. They are reporting that some other site *predicts* that there will be a new iPod touch, etc. Well, I predict that there will be a new iPod touch *and* that it will have a built-in can opener. LOL. Anyway, all will be revealed in a few days.

19. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    You mean few hours !!?

20. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Is iOS 6 being released tomorrow?