iPhone 5 Media Event on September 12!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Trysis3, Sep 4, 2012.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I don't know why, but I just have a REALLY hard time believing any of those pictures.

2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Why? A bunch of the parts are confirmed to be leaked from factories and several anonymous accessory makers have said that it looks almost exactly like what Apple showed them. Every new leaked part also happens to fit perfectly with the other leaked parts. I doubt that it isn't going to look like that at this point.

3. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Is a new iPod Touch coming out? I want to know if I should sell mine now. Should I?

4. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I don't think the first two photos are legit

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    If any of you have been following the part leaks you would know those are in fact real photos. There's even a video of a guy who got his hands on one with the logic board and powered it on. As expected it powered on with an error but it was in fact running iOS

6. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    If that video was real it would have been removed from youtube by now just like the Gizmodo's leake of the iPhone 4 and apple took actions. the boot could be faked easily check any iPhone clone even the black level between the two is way different and check the video again at 30 seconds the screen of the new iPhone looks really odd from the top right corner

7. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
  8. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Really? So somebody is mass producing fake iPhone parts? Doesn't really make sense. It's not like there is only one of these iPhones made from leaked parts. There are several of them that have been floating around. A few accessory makers even confirmed that the design was likely real based on what they had seen from Apple.

Apple likely isn't doing anything, because doing something would instantly validate all the leaks (and could make Apple look worse), and there are already way too many leaks to plug. Almost every major tech site has reported on the leaked parts- is Apple going to go after all of them? Doubtful. Especially after the controversy caused by the Gizmodo leaks.

9. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Well you can't tell what will the phone look like from the leaked parts companies like iResQ have been slowly building the new iPhone from the leaked parts with their own housing so does that mean the new iPhone will look like the mock up they made ? I think not, check the screen shot I linked does this look like a legit iPhone from apple to you ? if you saw the video tell me then why the identifying information on the back of the iPhone were covered, even when Gizmodo got the iPhone 4 prototype it looked a lot better than this. I really hope I'm right because I don't like the new design very much it looks like a stretched iPhone 4/4S which looks like a remote control :D

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The 4in screen is pretty much confirmed. Don't get your hopes up.

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    People said the same exact thing about the iPhone 4 when it leaked- 'Apple would never make anything that looked like THAT!' and then they ate it right up when Apple revealed the iPhone 4 and it looked exactly the same as the leaked prototype, and said it was the best design ever... :rolleyes:

Also, the housing has already been leaked, and it looks exactly like the picture in the first post... It's like I said before- it isn't like there is only one of these leaked phones/parts made by one person/group of people.

12. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah I know since pretty much the confirmed new screen resolution is 1136 X 640 which suggests a taller screen not wider, I really hoped that apple would make the new phone a bit wider than the 4/4S

13. shero89

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah if the new phone looks like the leaked housing I might skip this one and keep my 4S or join the dark side and get an SIII, I just want them to change the design you know like the shift from 3G/3GS to iPhone 4 and I loved the design by the way but come on even Samsung changes the freakin design every year :(

14. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Is a new iPod Touch coming out? I want to know if I should sell mine now. Should I?

15. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It's rumored but few leaks have come out and nothing has been confirmed. It seems like they will though. I don't know if I'd sell it just yet... Does it work fine, or will it need to be replaced anyways? I actually recently sold my iPod touch 4th gen because the battery was starting to go bad (and I'm probably getting the new iPhone).

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Finally everyone will stop calling it the iPhone 6!

17. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    It's a good thing they still have the same look as the 4/4S. I was worried they're going back to the ugly design of 3/3GS. Not happy about the cords not compatible with any other devices though.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, that's weird move on Apple's parts, changing the charging/syncing port...

19. nestor

nestor Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Will be preordering one as soon as it's available! On Friday, I would assume? Unless they do same-day preorder.

20. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Nintendo is releasing it's new console the same day.
    It's a little weird it's happening a day after the 11th anna of Sep 11 but mmkay. Maybe it was a temptation to keep the worldly people on earth instead of go with the rapt ure. American idol red carpet in being held on the 11th too. Why is everything happening all at once?