iPhone 5 Media Event on September 12!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Trysis3, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    If I recall correctly the a6 is twice as powerful as the a5

2. Yeah, that's what I read. But the million dollar question is how does the a6 compare to the a5x on the new ipad?

From what I read the a6 only has a dual core gpu, and the a5x hsd a quadcore gpu.

So anyone want to tell us how they compare???

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Here is my thinking on the chips

A5 - dual core cpu 800mhz / dual GPU core

A5X - dual core cpu / quad core graphics

A6 - dual core / GPU (not sure but equal to the A5X which is twice as powerful as A5)

I'm going to guess the A6 is superior to the A5x but really not by much, by my best reckoning it is the A5x but with a dual a15 arm core instead of dual A9 core.

To get to my conclusion I think the A6 is slightly better than the A5x but I also think with the way Apple underclocks it's phone CPU's for battery the last iPad will probably still be faster.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That is funny! Thanks for that! :)

5. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I won't upgrade my 4S to 5,because the overall new functions are not enough for me.No Siri support in Romania,camera is equal to 4S (no visual difference),4" display doesn't make me buy it (4S barely fits in my pocket too,guess how would it fit the 5),the speed is another thing that doesn't surprise me (my JB-en 4S is as faster as it was on first day - without JB - with tweaks running).

Right now I am saving up for a iPod Touch 5th gen (FMA,FAD,AppCasher,etc.)