Iphone 5 battery performance playing games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by magicron6, Sep 23, 2012.

1. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    #1 magicron6, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Those that have a iphone 5 can you give us a take on how battery life is when playing a casual 2d game and playing a graphically intense game like infinity blade 2 or sky gamblers or wild blood, cause playing on a iphone 4S and having my iphone at 100% and playing infinity blade 2, my battery dies in 2 and half to 3 hours. I would like to know how much your battery drains after playing for 30 to an hour, how much percent does it drop, also for TouchArcade I would like this to be something they look into for when new devices drop...to see what the battery performance is like and let the readers know.

Thanks

2. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Can someone please test this out I would like to know how battery performance is while playin graphically intense games on the iphone 5 or is this the wrong place to have this thread, if so can a mod move it please

3. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ign.com claims after several hours of heavy use while testing (8 hours I believe) that their battery still read 47 percent.

4. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Wow!! Really? That's impressive and that's while gaming ?

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I'm sure what they meant by heavy use is lot of web browsing and video watching. I imagine games could take it down to 4 hours or less

6. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Ah okay I see, well I hope the more powerful graphically intense games can get at least 5 hours of play time

7. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Well, played for about 2 hours with nova 3 on a fairly low brightness on the iPhone 5. On about half charge now. So I would say you could get 5 hours worth of game time before it dying. Best experience on nova 3 so far. Except I hate the black borders.

8. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    thanks for the info and if you could do more testing on that I would appreciate it thanks :) but that's good to hear, 5 hours would be great and was that with lte on or wifi on

9. Mbillie420

Mbillie420 New Member

May 10, 2012
    Less than 4s

I've been playing dark night rises one of the few games with iPhone 5 support but Im losing almost 30% an hour but I play on full brightness with max volume with wifi on but LTE off.My 4s wouldn't die as fast but never really timed it maybe 20% at most.Im going to test with wifi off but still full brightness and see if that improves it.

10. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    thanks Mbillie420 for the feed back and i'm guessing with half brightness battery life would be 4 to 4 and half hours, not bad but I was hoping for 5 hours and yea can you report once you have tested with wifi off

11. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I game heavily on the iPhone 5 and I get 2 hours and 30 minutes. I've tested this with graphically intensive games such as Wild Blood, Infinity Blade 2, Agent Dash, and Modern Combat 3. Brightness 100%, wifi ON, Bluetooth OFF.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm getting similar time with the same options on.
    If I lower the brightness to about half and turn wifi off, it improves dramatically, doubles nearly.
    Half brightness is also very good on the 5 when compared to the 4s so I rarely now have it at full

13. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    okay so you get about 5 hours playing the same graphically intense games like infinity blade 2 and modern combat 3, when wifi is off and brightness is at half way.....that's good to know

thanks rip:)

14. Bluntmaster

Bluntmaster Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Wifi drains the battery faster?

15. magicron6

magicron6 Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    yes it does but not as fast as LTE, but i hear LTE on the iphone does not drain the battery that bad