iPhone 3G S Video Recording Issue

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jecebn, Jun 27, 2009.

1. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    The video recorder wont work on my new 3G S. The camera works fine when I'm taking still shots, but when I switch to the video recorder option, it freezes up and wont work - I've tried restoring the phone but have had no luck.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    you should still be under warranty so try to take it back to Apple and exchange it for a new one.

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    The only problem with that is I live in Kansas, the nearest Apple store is in Kansas City (which is 4 hours from where I am), so thats really not an option - I dont want to mail it in either because I cant go that long without a phone.

Does anyone know if AT&T would take care of it (i.e. give me a new phone) if I took it in to them?

4. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I would assume they would, I mean they also stock 3GS's, so I would guess they could replace too. But, I guess they may not be considered informed enough by apple to determine a product fixable or not.

Worth a shot at least.

5. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Maybe they'll have a loaner phone if they have to send it in.

6. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I just restored my phone and set it up as a new phone instead of restoring it from a backup - works fine now, but I just lost all of my text messages :( (thankfully I synced my contacts and photos to my computer before i restored, at least those are safe)