iPhone 3G-s Guide

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

In this guide I will explain on how to get a 3G-S for people who have a contract already and people starting a new one.

With Contract Already:
    1. Call AT&T tell them you want to cancel your current contract at the end of your current bill. This will cost you $175.
    2. Go here and put all of your info in if your picking up in-store: Click
    3. You will be charged a $36 activation fee for a new account, but thats not until your bill I believe.
    4. Time to stand in line. I'm leaving at 4 A.M. My Apple Store opens at 7:00 AM.
    5. Buy your brand new iPhone 3G-S!
    6. Enjoy calling/texting/Video Messaging your contacts about your new number... and your 3G-S!

Total cash spent:
    16GB = $411+ tax
    16GB unsubsidized = $599 + Tax

No Contract:
    1. Go here and put all of your info in if your picking up in-store: Click
    2. You will be charged a $36 activation fee for a new account, but thats not until your bill I believe.
    3. Time to stand in line. I'm leaving at 4 A.M. My Apple Store opens at 7:00 AM.
    4. Buy your brand new iPhone 3G-S!
    5. Enjoy calling/texting/Video Messaging your contacts about your new number... and your 3G-S!

Apple + AT&T arent very smart, and have not thought this through very well. Why would anyone spend $599+ if they could get it for $411+ or $511+

Hope This Helped!

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    To get it unsubsidized, it means that you don't have to set up a contract with AT&T. This phone is then yours and is prone to be unlocked/jailbroken and sold on Ebay for $600-$800.

And you don't have to cancel your contract anymore, AT&T changed the prices so that people who bought their iPhone 3G within the first 3 months will get the iPhone 3GS for the discounted price ($199 16GB and $299 32GB).

But yeah, nice guide.

3. Phil_Synowiec

WEll ive had my 3G since launch so yeah =D

And either way, you can basically just keep canceling and starting new contracts and buying the phone for $411+ instead of $599+ and selling it on ebay, even more profit!

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    You have to pay for a contract with AT&T if you pay $411 don't you? That means $70 out of your pocket every month...

5. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    16gb for $599 is if you do not want a contract. With your method you're still going to be in a contract so why not just purchase the 16gb for $399 (plus whatever other fees there are) and then you get to keep your number and not have to deal with canceling your current contract?

6. Phil_Synowiec

cause thats only if u had ur current contract for 18 months