iPhone 3G Problem

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hammerofj, Jul 21, 2012.

1. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    The backlight on my iPhone 3G has died. I can still touch the screen and everything else works it's just that the screen does not illuminate. Is there a way to repair this? Buying a new device is not an option as of now. I am stuck to my iPod Touch 2g.

2. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Umm, do you have automatic brightness on and make sure that the brightness is on too.

3. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I've play around with those settings and it does not do anything.

4. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Although you're probably out of warranty, try calling apple and they can replace it/fix it for a fee or give you a solution. Have you tried rebooting, restoring, or anything like?

5. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    They're asking for $100 to fix it..:mad:. I've tried rebooting (holding home and power for 10 seconds) and restoring. Does not help at all.

6. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    My best suggestion would be to find out what truly is the cause, is it a bad setting, or a bad hardware piece? When you restored, did you restore from backup?

7. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Nope i did a clean restore and set it up as a new iPhone.

8. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hmm then I have no idea the cause. Maybe try checking at a repair store and see what they tell you.

9. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    This doesn't sound good.. I think the hardware is faulty and needs a proper repair