iPhone 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Mr. Anderson, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson New Member

May 21, 2008
    So any news on when we'll see a new iPhone? I'm working in Herdon (DC Metro) now and I'm hoping to get an iPhone eventually. I couldn't justify it before living out in Indiana.

My wife has an iPod Touch and loves it - I don't get to play with it, of course.

D

2. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The 3G-capable iPhone will be announced on June 9th (WWDC keynote) and signs point to a release in late June. I'm guessing the 25th. Almost certainly the same day will see the release of the new iPhone, the "iPhone 2.0" update, and the launch of the iPhone App Store.

blakespot

3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Software for iPhone/iPod touch is officaly called (by Apple) as iPhone OS ;] lot of ppl still didn't notice this ;p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_OS

4. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    recently in an Indian News Channel they showed a prototype of the iPhone Gen 2 but it looked fishy to me. i would try to post the video.

5. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Prototypes usually uses junky package, so it not strange that it looks fishy, what ever is true ;p it will be nice if you find that video ^^

6. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson New Member

May 21, 2008
  7. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
  8. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    macrumors.com is reporting that the apple store in new york is closed because they are shooting an ad for the 3G iPhone wow... :eek:

9. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    No body knows what to what they do Ad ;> be we know it's something that we will see in WWDC ;p

10. zelmo

zelmo New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Edgewood, MD USA
    With the rumor that there may be 3rd party software available on Monday, what do you think the odds are that the 3G iPhone might actually be shipping next week?

My Treo 650 is overdue to get buried, and Exchange support is all I need to convince my Corporate Overlords™ that the iPhone is just as viable as a Blechberry. Been waiting almost 18 months for this day to come...

11. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well... nothing :p 3G iPhone is gonna run iPhone OS 2.0, we know that already ^^

12. Jeav93

Jeav93 Member

Jun 9, 2008
    today is the WWDC Keynote!! in about 1 hr. 22 min.! we will see Apple unveil the untold mysteries of the App Store and the 3G iPhone today..