iPad or iPod Touch 4th Gen?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Booch138, Sep 28, 2010.

?

iPad or iPod touch 4th Gen?

1. iPad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. iPod touch 4th Gen

100.0%
  1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Ok so I just found out something magical. We have a program at my work called CLIP, and you can order laptops, devices, etc. (I have ordered a Dell through it a couple years ago) and just have them take it out of your check over 8 or 16 months. No interest either.

I just found out by the grace of god, you can order Apple products (even though we are strictly Dell system users) which means I could get an iPad or iPod Touch for like... $31/$25 a paycheck respectively. And thats if I do the 8 month (I would rather get it over with quick).

So my problem is, what to get? Can't get both. My iPod touch 2nd gen has been dead for almost 2 months now with no hopes of revival. I really REALLY want a 4th gen badly. Like real bad. But I also wouldn't mind having an iPad. I am leaning more towards the iPod touch but... I still want an iPad lol. Part of me wants to wait for the second gen iPads and just go for the iPod touch. Part of me just wants one now. lol

So my question is, what would you get?

2. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Since you want the 4th gen so bad, get it. I don't see the use for an iPad. Just a big iPod Touch IMO.

3. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #3 LBG, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  4. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah remembered there was one like that right after I made mine. Cept mine has a Poll! Kewl! lmao

I am leaning towards the iPod touch so I think I will just go with that. More games, more accessable... more portable. Though I really don't go further than my house or work often, when I do I don't think I would find myself bringing the iPad along. Unless it was for a road trip or something. Which never happens. lol.

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya, iPad isnt a replacement for iPod touch. If you need something to carry with you all the time, iPod is the obvious choice for you here.

I got the iPad couple of weeks ago btw, and havent touched my 3rd Gen iPod since then, except for beta testing a game. I dont even want to look at the tiny screen anymore. Ya, I'm not making it any easier for you :p

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Damnit man no you are not!

The reason i would even get an iPad is cause I was fiddling around with one at a friends house and man they are hawt... The Browsing is so smooth and everything just looks better I guess is the easiest thing to say. Easier than busting out with the laptop just to visit TA or NFL.com. I don't often find myself browsing the web on a touch very much unless I absolutely need to. or if is has a mobile version (TA forums need one bad IMO, don't care if others have no problem with it, I DO. LOL)

But then again I am just stuck. The retina display looks glorious and portability is a key factor. Plus I love having my music EVERYWHERE I go, and like I said, with an iPad I just don't see myself carrying it everywhere like I do a touch.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Welp, as I said, iPod is the obvious choice for you. Think of it like your girlfriend. She's real nice, cares about you a lot and will always stay with you. While the iPad is the 'really' hot friend of your gf. You know you want to get the hot friend but she's in a completely different world. She's wild, moody, over the top kind of girl. She'll work only when she wants and where she wants. Forcing her to do anything more than what she wants to will only be a PITA. You really do want here but also know it'll never work out.

So you're gonna go with your girlfriend. But you and I both know you'll always regret your decision and lust over the friend as long as you're alive ;)

(Do I win the award for the most retarted comparison posted on TA yet??) :p

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That my friend.... was....

Bravo. *claps*

iPod touch 4th gen it is.

9. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Get the iPod touch 4G now, and get the 2nd gen iPad next year.

Edit: See you already made up your mind. :)

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yup, pretty much sounds about like what I will be doing. =D

Thanks for all the feedback guys!