Ipad controller

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by waderain, Dec 9, 2014.

1. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    Going on a long vacation and I'm looking for a good controller that will work with my ipad 2. Games I will be playing are Modern Combat 5, Neon Shadow, Asphalt8 and rip tide. Any suggestions. I've heard to many good and bad tings about several controllers I just want one that works and what others are using.

Thanks!!

2. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    MC5 doesn't support controllers yet.Yes,it's true.Unfortunately:rolleyes:

Best bang for the bucks seems to be the Madcatz now (both)unless your priority is clearly a very good D-pad.Check out this great side for all the infos needed:

www.afterpad.com

I'm currently using a Stratus but it will be replaced by a Madcatz in a couple of days.

3. waderain

waderain Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    yuma, az
    I've thought about the Mad Catz but I'm not a big fan of the xBox controller configuration but it does seem to work. Is the build quality nice or does it feel cheap? Also whats your opinion of the Status?

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ipad 3 and below do not support mfi controllers. Only iOS devices with Lightning connections. Unless you jailbreak.

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I recommend reading the (very good!) reviews about both madcatz on afterpad.Build quality on both seems top notch.Better than most other MFI controller out there.And better build quality than older Madcatz gear as well ;)

The stratus...well.It was ok when i bought it in january and there was just no competition.Unless you REALLY need the small size (it's surprisingly well build)there is no reason to buy one today imo.Except you can shoot one second hand for pocket money.Mine is on sale for 30,-€ now. (was 70,-!)

They still sell this thing for 70 bucks which is (still) ridiculous.

The stratus controller also have a small lag under iOS8.I compared it to my old Mini Retina with iO7 and noticed the difference as well.Not gamebreaking for me,i could still enjoy all the games i played before but others might be more sensitive to it.Steel Series are also working on it.