Ios14 Issues ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by psj3809, Sep 16, 2020.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’ve had a lot of apps updated which said for ios 14 issues

For people with iOS 14 beta installed (or gene ios14 when it’s out) have older apps worked okay with it ? Eg games which haven’t been updated for ages

I’ve got ahem 700+ apps installed and I don’t want it to be an app-ocalypse type issue when Apple did the 32-64 bit change.

There’s been reports in the papers saying lots of apps haven’t been updated to work for iOS 14. So does that mean any non-updated apps won’t work ?

cheers

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If you have 700+ apps in a single device, app-ocalypse already happened. Are you certain that all apps work with iOS 13?

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep iOS 13 is fine. Just wondering about the issues with ios14 that have been reported

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    A bit late I know, and maybe you’ve already updated? I just did the jump from iOS 13.3.3 to iOS 14.2 yesterday. Out of interest I’ve tested out as many apps as I can (at least started them to see). I’ve got around 100 or so installed. From what I can tell, probably 99% of my games work. interestingly there were a few (that are the type that haven’t been updated in years and didn’t have iPhone X screen support), that crashed on loading. However, weirdly, deleting them and redownloading them fixed that. The only one that I couldn’t do this for, was Planar Conquest because the shifty dev has elected to upload an entirely “new” paid version, which isn’t even optimised for x screens either. It’s like $15 in my country when I already bought it years ago, so that’s a nope, and makes up the 1% of not ‘working anymore’ games for me.

If you’ve got 700+ apps, then that’s a heck of a lot of apps. There will probably, if only simply by the sheer numbers, be at least a few that won’t work. Those ones that haven’t been updated in ages, and in fact there’s no version on the AppStore (to try the re-download think I spoke of), they’re the ones that may be possibly lost.......depends if you’re really going to miss them. Outside of those types (no longer on the AppStore), it seems to be all good.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well I’m back on my old iPhone. Got an iPhone X 512 go off eBay and there was a fault as I could hardly hear people when I rang them

about 49 or so apps wouldn’t load on the new phone from the backup as they couldn’t be backed up as they weren’t on the App Store so that was a shame

so back to my normal phone. Delete a fair few as I was hoarding ;)