[iOS Beta] World's First Piano Game Extracts Chords From Your Mp3s

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Piano Man, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Piano Man

Piano Man Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Beta testing and feedback wanted for new first of its kind piano rhythm game that analyzes your own music for the actual chords in the music and allows you to play along on a virtual piano. Its a bit like 'guitar hero' (for piano) but uses sophisticated chord detection technology to extract the actual music notes from your own iTunes music. The objective was to make a game that would allow you to play chords along with your favorite songs - for real. It should appeal to music lovers and piano players along with rhythm game fans. Beta testers and feedback wanted:

iOS Signup: http://www.chordizer.com/iosbeta.jsp

Sign up above with your apple email id to get access to the testflight beta (will take a few days for the invite by email).

[​IMG]

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Oh i really love 'guitar hero' game !! i should try this game cause it looks awesome !

3. chomi3

chomi3 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    wow!

Hey,

I love this idea!
    As a musician I would love to be able to play along chords detected in my mp3s. Yeah!
    Please please add an option, that names played chord (normal name, or by it's number in the scale).

Signe up!

Good luck with your games, will help you out.

4. Piano Man

Piano Man Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Looking for testers with real piano

New beta about to go live will allow you to play along on a real keyboard or piano, seeking beta testers with instruments to test.

5. Piano Man

Piano Man Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Took a bit longer but beta is now up

The new beta with real piano play finally went live and new testers are still welcome to join at http://www.chordizer.com/iosbeta.jsp

The game can be played without a real piano and should interest rhythm game fans that don't play piano too.

This is the only app in the world I know of that will analyze any song you like and extract the chords then turn that in to a rhythm game where you learn to play along for real.

Playing along on a real piano uses the phones microphone to listen for the right chords and its best to set continuous mode off so it waits for you to play it right. Also best to use headphones so the app can hear your piano without interference from the phones speaker.

For those interested, the app uses a deep learning neural network to hear what chords you are playing and should work with any piano or synth even when playing different instruments.

Leave a comment or feedback and let us know what you think and how we can improve it more.

6. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Question......"iTunes email" that mean Apple ID? Cause my actual email isn't used for iTunes but I'd love to test the beta out and if I use my Apple ID and u try to send an invite there thinking it's my email I won't get it sooooo?? :/

7. Piano Man

Piano Man Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Apple email id required

Apple manage beta invites through their test flight app and the email used must be one they recognize. However, you can register a new account and use that to join and before you run testflight set it as your account email id in settings->iTunes and App Store. A testflight invite email can also be used with any valid Apple account but you have to be able to receive it. Apple accounts can be created without a credit card too but they don't make it obvious, Google for info if you need it. Let me know if you need more help.

8. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    I was just thinking. I don't know if this is for all betas on TestFlight but ive received invites through my actual email before not the one that's used as my Apple ID. See my Apple ID is [email protected] but I have a gmail that yahoo "email" was crated years ago by my mom way before I even used email. So sense I've received invites before through my gmail would that work as my iTunes email? Idk if u just happened to set it differently from the way others did or what but I hope it'll work

9. Piano Man

Piano Man Member

Apr 6, 2016
    testflight email

did some testing, verified that apple will send a testflight invite email to any address, not just an apple id. and as long as you receive the email on device you can click on the link to activate it - which will then work with any apple account email id.

10. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Kool I'll put my email in can't wait to try this out :)