iOS App Reviewers are not brilliant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Rocotilos, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    #1 Rocotilos, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    My bad.
    Im stupid.

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I agree with you that Apple reviewers are at times super stupid but you shouldn't use that word. It sort of takes away from your message. But I agree 100% that they were stupid.

3. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    I agree that Apple's review process could use some work but don't make games/apps based on a meme

4. Rocotilos

Dec 5, 2009
    #4 Rocotilos, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    [deleted]

5. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    If you look carefully at the username and the content of the review you will notice that many of those reviews are bots.

When a game gets like 20,000 ratings and 5000 5-star reviews that is a sign the system in which the App Store currently exists is absolutely rigged for cheating. Especially when you start reading the reviews and the username is something totally ridiculous and the review says nothing about the game.

Apple need to seriously hire somebody from Amazon to manage their digital review content. Amazon may not be perfect but Apple is currently in another universe.

6. Rocotilos

Dec 5, 2009
    Hey fabell.. yeah since becoming app dev since 2009, I got so many emails to purchase ratings. I never bought a single one. But looking at ratings/reviews on other apps, many are just mumbo jumbo words put together by bots (with a 5 star nonetheless). there are literally so many better apps by other devs but simply not found because the devs did not spend on AppStore manipulating techniques (such as review/rating buying).