ios app question

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by 61050, Apr 10, 2015.

1. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Is there any good reason why the app hasn't been updated? I find it quite ironic that of all of the apps on my phone, the one (and literally _only_ one now) that needs an update is an app featuring inside news of the latest and greatest apps/games available. I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic here either, and I mean know offense. I am seriously just trying to gain some insight as to why this app is stuck in 2012. Could you guys at least throw us a bone and update the icon or something?

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Eli has responded to this question before in another thread, but the long and short of it is that Apple either changed some guidelines or started enforcing ones they weren't before, making it highly likely any updates to the TouchArcade app would be rejected. That represents a significant financial investment for the site, and we simply can't risk it. That's just my understanding, though, so Eli or whoever can feel free to jump in and beat me with a rolled-up newspaper if I'm wrong.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm sure that's true. I wouldn't want TA to loose any investments either!

The unfortunate thing is that the app can possibly be broken simply by an OS update or such just from a few changes with Apple. POSSIBLY. I'm hoping this never happens :(

If only that damn time machine worked...

4. 61050

61050 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2013
    interesting. that makes sense, in an unfortunate way that would only make sense with an apple product. thanks!