iOS 6 Gaming Impressions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JBRUU, Sep 19, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wait for apple to do another update since they were lazy to test this which I thought they did.

2. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    so Game Center miraculously started working but Genius doesn't work and still crashes....

I foresee 6.0.1 in our near future

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    As I updated earlier..Everything was going fine and I was just browsing on iTunes then when I've gone to the categories section I got disconnected to iTunes and cannot connect anymore...Sigh this sucks..:(

4. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    iOS 6 makes just about every Gameloft game I have suck. Nova 1&2, Gangstar: West Coast Hustle, Spiderman Total Mayhem, Dungeon Hunter, and Zombie Infection all have either audio glitches or game-breaking bugs... and Gameloft has a reputation for never updating anything. $@#%!:mad:

At least Star Battalion, Tom Clancy's Hawx, Gangstar Miami Vindication, and Castle of Magic seem to work...

5. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    And while were at it, that black bar showing the time & remaining battery power has a nasty habit of showing up in some games.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #26 violentv, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    They have a reputation for not updating content..they always do compatibility updates like adding 'high res' to most of the games to take advantage of duo core processors when iPad2/4s came out or retina support when the iphone 4 came out etc

I am amazed that your device is populated with so many Gameloft games. x_X

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    But...is there anything in 6.0 that should pose problems for older games? Deprecated apis, for example? Sandboxed...something that wasn't sandboxed before?

I know there are some new privacy options, but without having a dev account it's a bit difficult to know what is going on beyond the summarized changelog Apple puts out for consumers...and my dev account expired in '09. Someone else got to be the million dollar making fart-app man :(

8. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Jetpack Joyride and AOZA crash on IOS6

9. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Score! Classic Goals has issues with ios 6, but only on certain levels. First Touch is aware of the issue, so hopefully a fix is available soon.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    NOVA 3 definitely runs more smoothly in iPad 2 mode with iOS 6 then with iOS 5.

Also for a complex 3D benchmark I score higher than in iOS 5, it's gone up to 12.8-9 fps from 12.3. iOS 6 is far more optimized for gaming.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I had the crashy app store app and Gamecenter app yesterday day time. After getting home I did a full backup and restore, Gamecenter stopped crashing. I do still get random app store crashes, especially when browsing the charts. This is on my 4th gen iPod touch.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I would be interested in knowing how many people negatively affected by the update are using iPods. They've always given me problems where iPhones haven't; not to mention the smaller amount of memory.

13. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How did you fix it? I have iPod 4th gen to and expierencing the same problem you had with gamecenter. Already restarted my ipod.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Can you still use Iexplorer to add games to apps like Spectaculator or iMame? Worried I won't be able to!

15. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Center is crashing for me since updating. I can't open it at all. All in all I wish I hadn't updated to iOS6 yet since I now have all these friend requests for Pocket Army that I can't accept. :(

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I also had the Gamecenter crash when I updated earlier yesterday.

Last night, I got Gamecenter app to work by manually hooking up to my laptop, manually back up my ipod..then did a restore on the ipod. After ~2 hours, the restore was done. Then I fired up a game that uses Gamecenter first. Finally, I opened Gamecenter and it didn't crash.

17. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Uno HD from gameloft

18. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    OMG!!
    ..after updating ios6 my apps (games) not really work well...i have, as well, an ipod touch 4g 8GB...and the 3d games they are veeeeryy laggy (..before update they are all playable, smooth an enjoyable..).
    Apple....please..give us an update!!!

19. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    When will people learn not to update their iPods.. I regretted updating from 4.1 so I'll stay with 4.3 until I get an iPod 5th gen or iPhone 5, sure their are a few games I can't play yet that will grow very soon but I don't have to worry about not being able to play all my old games..

20. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I deeply regret having updated my ipod 4 from 4.3 to 5, after that update using the appstore became laggy as hell and with somewhat regular crashes when using it and other apps that almost never happened on ios 4. On the ipad 2 it was the opposite, I felt a true upgrade from 4 to 5.

I still havent updated because of this, im guessing the new ios is going to be a real bi@&h on the ipod to run.