Universal iOS 3D First-Person Shooter - Early Development Stages

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nxtboyIII, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Well, it's not older than ME1...

And no, those aren't different types of FPS. Maybe an individual's experience might be different.

2. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I've included ME 1 because recently it got updated (but thanks to ios 8.3 it does not work anymore...again),while the infinity project 2 was not updated since 2013 and only God knows if it works on the newest iOS version,the developers are not active anymore either.

3. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    So basically you are thinking it should be a survival game? Maybe like zombie survival? That idea does sound cool, even though I don't really like zombie games that much haha (I prefer shooting people rather than zombies tbh).

4. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
  5. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Yes,a survival open world game,just look at "The Wild" and "Radiation Island".Such games tend to be successful on ios.
    You just need to change the walking animation a little bit,add some gun shaking during moving and shooting to make it more realistic,change the walking animation of your enemies a little bit oh and make sure that they won't pass through your body XD.

Believe me,a well-done survival open world game tends to be successful,Radiation Island's success was a great surprise to EVERYBODY,it looked really strange at first: it came out of nowhere from developers of a completely different genre.

You might as well add mutants if you don't like zombies like splicers in Bioshock who use guns and not just rush towards the player.

6. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Yeah, for sure I will change the walking animation, it's just temporary. :p Also I played radiation island a while ago and personally I didn't like it at all, I deleted it. :/

7. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    You probably have not got to the part where you storm abandoned outposts and military bases :3

8. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    really :O yeah i think I quit LONG before that xD I was so bad at the game

9. ghosty222

ghosty222 Active Member

Jan 3, 2015
    Maybe a cs go type of game? Add walking animations like ur weapons having more movement sway on gun n more stuff but looks like for even making just that :D keep doing what ur doing u learn from ur mistakes dont give up!! If u think its not going nowhere well keep practicing on this game n for ur next game u learn

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    If battlefield 4 is the only game you like then you might as well just make something like that. I couldn't even imagine making a game that I wouldn't even like playing...

Movement animations and gun zoom are a must.

The gun, shooting animation and building look good though #

11. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    thanks :) idk if i will have gun zoom though, not sure yet, I mean it's not really necessary.

yeah maybe something like counterstrike

12. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    The enemies now "patrol" along a path and shoot you once they see you.

13. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Any new videos

14. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Not yet, it doesn't really look much different haha :p What do you think i should do next though?

15. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    Maybe add like a pistol or different weapons :)

16. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
  17. q8phantom

q8phantom Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Game development
    Kuwait
    Video looks way better, what's your plan for characters? Have you looked at mixamo for that maybe?

18. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thanks :) I will have a graphics artist create the rig and animations, and then I will put those into the game and use an Inverse Kinematics system to make the enemies hold the gun and such, as they do now. :)

19. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    What does everyone think I should work on next for this project?

20. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Pick up gun system,better walking animations for both enemies and main character (the reloading looks amazing as heck,cannot even lie) ,maybe stealth system?Working on important things is not that necessary atm since you have no idea if the game will be a normal fps or survival fps.