iOS 16 Live Text Markup App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by WhiteOut App, Oct 28, 2022.

1. WhiteOut App

WhiteOut App New Member

Oct 28, 2022
    Male
    Hi guys,

When iOS 16 was announced, they unveiled a ton of new features, from the dynamic island to live activities. But one feature slipped under the radar for most developers, and Apple enthusiasts. That is Live Text on iOS 15 is now available to developers, in 3rd party applications.

My brand new app (WhiteOut) uses the Live Text API in the most useful way: to markup text within your screenshots, and photos. By using Live Text, I am able to create beautiful text redactions, highlights, underlines, strikethroughs, and more. All done with simplicity, speed, and accuracy.

My app also has security advantages. Apple's own markup tool has been known to have security flaws. Users have been able to edit images to reveal text underneath its markers and pens. Other apps use blurring or pixelization effect. New AI software has made these features un-secure as well. With WhiteOut, the redactions are completely secure.

If anyone would like to try my app, please let me know what you think, and leave a review!
    https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1642452158?pt=121232737&ct=discord&mt=8

Thanks,
    Jordan

Attached Files:

2. sophiang

sophiang New Member

May 18, 2023
    Male
    #2 sophiang, May 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    As far as I find out, Live Text on iOS 15 is a feature that recognizes and extracts text from images using optical character recognition (OCR).

Its advantages include instant text recognition from printed documents or handwritten notes, searchable text within photos, easy copying and pasting of extracted text, interaction with recognized text for actions like calling phone numbers or opening websites, support for multiple languages and translation, and enhanced accessibility for individuals with visual impairments. With Live Text, users can efficiently capture information, find specific photos, and seamlessly integrate text from images into various apps, boosting productivity and convenience on their iPhones.

Thank you for your sharing, I will recommend it to those who need it like me!!!;);)