iPad invinciBall - New app

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fubit86, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    #1 Fubit86, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphEWWQnUhY Dev's video

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301047058&mt=8 LINK

~~~~~~~~~~

I said this below but i'll put it in the original post too:

Alright guys, I got the game, and I also contacted the dev, who said wifi multiplayer could be on the way, because he has had previous experience with it.

Quoted from the dev's email:
    "And by the way, WiFi is something I really want to add to the game. I have experience with it since I also made InvinciCar Online which is a free online multiplayer webplayer app ( http://www.nplay.com )."

basically, the game might appear kind of monotonous, but it is actually pretty fun. There are three modes. One is survival, where you have lives and try not to fall off. Then there is another game mode where you try and hold areas. you get 0.1 points for every second you hold an area, and you have to get to a certain number of points. you can also play a game mode where there is one area, and you have to stay in it to acquire a total of 50 points. When you knock someone off, you take 25 percent of their points. Tehre is actually a decent ammount of diversity to the game, even though there arent powerups. Each game mode has an easy, medium, hard setting. It has a fair ammount of polish, and is well presented. I would definitely give this app a 4.5/5, only because of the bad sound track (IMO). It basically just the same sound looping over and over and over and......yea, lol. You can play your own music though, so it's allll good (you gotta do the double tap home button thing though, because it drowns out your music when you first open it).

I highly recommend it to you guys, it's pretty fun and polished. well worth 2.99 IMO

2. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I wish the emoticons isn't static. I might purchase it if there's an animated emoticons.

3. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    #3 Hello, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
    didnt see you already had it :O

4. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I would have bought that in 5 seconds flat if it had wifi multiplayer. What a shame.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Lots of these games seem like simple flash ports that get old quick. What this game needs is:

1) like a poster who's name I didn't take the time to read (no offense) above me said, yes, definitely Wi-Fi.
    2) Power-Ups
    3) Bigger playing fields but with pits, ramps that shoot smiley's toward the edge, and whatnot.

The gameplay looks monotonous :confused:

6. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    If it were a buck I would have bought it immediately. 3$ a bit to much for a throw away game.

7. Fubit86

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Alright guys, I got the game, and I also contacted the dev, who said wifi multiplayer could be on the way, because he has had previous experience with it.

Quoted from the dev's email:
    "And by the way, WiFi is something I really want to add to the game. I have experience with it since I also made InvinciCar Online which is a free online multiplayer webplayer app ( http://www.nplay.com )."

basically, the game might appear kind of monotonous, but it is actually pretty fun. There are three modes. One is survival, where you have lives and try not to fall off. Then there is another game mode where you try and hold areas. you get 0.1 points for every second you hold an area, and you have to get to a certain number of points. you can also play a game mode where there is one area, and you have to stay in it to acquire a total of 50 points. When you knock someone off, you take 25 percent of their points. Tehre is actually a decent ammount of diversity to the game, even though there arent powerups. Each game mode has an easy, medium, hard setting. It has a fair ammount of polish, and is well presented. I would definitely give this app a 4.5/5, only because of the bad sound track (IMO). It basically just the same sound looping over and over and over and......yea, lol. You can play your own music though, so it's allll good (you gotta do the double tap home button thing though, because it drowns out your music when you first open it).

I highly recommend it to you guys, it's pretty fun and polished. well worth 2.99 IMO

8. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I sent an email too, seemed a little less positive. The dev tool they are using (Unity?) doesn't currently support wifi. He did mention that he had experience doing multiplayer if unity gets wifi later.

9. Babalu

Babalu Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Hey it looks like monkeyfight from monkeyball. They should make that kind of game. This one looks way to simplified and throw away, especially for 3 bucks. If someone was to make one like monkeyfight with powerups and stuff i would buy it.

10. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Wow, invinsiCar looks great. But I have no opponent to race with?

11. Fubit86

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    It's probably wifi multiplayer so it's gotta be someone in your house?

12. Fubit86

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Dev dropped the price to $1.99, I recommend you guys give it a shot. You just might be surprised at how addictive it is, lol :)

13. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    That's actually the main reason I'm not giving it a shot yet.

The game was only recently released, and already had a $1 price drop?

No. I'll pass.

The dev behind Sentry Alpha pulled something similar, but I let it slide because it's a shmup, and I'm a complete sucker for shmups.

And I got kinda burned with Soul Trapper, paying full price the day before they had the sale. But I let that slide too, because I'm a sucker for unique games, particular those in the adventure genre.

This one, however, doesn't float my boat enough to jump on it now. Kinda seems the price drop so soon was actually counterproductive.

14. ProtonStudio

ProtonStudio New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I actually dropped it because I was following this thread. The cool thing about the app store is you can adjust to the market really quickly.

I do think the app is worth $2.99 but, until there are reviews online it will be trickier to show people what the game is like. 3D physics based games are still pretty rare, and I think I tweaked the physics interactions and AI to make them pretty fun.

Thanks for your feedback guys. I am thinking of adding a new level to the next version 1.1, something like being on the inside of a pinball machine.

And btw, most of the InvinciCar players on http://www.nplay.com are in the Duel lobby. There's almost always someone in there to race against.

15. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't think I will buy this until online is added (if it ever is), but when it is added, I would happily pay $3+ for it

16. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    This is a dollar now. Is it worth it?

17. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I just bought it and I really like it so I would say it is definitely worth a dollar.

18. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    lol why was fubit banned?

19. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

No clue. I'm torn on this game. It has potential, but i'm just not sure about it.