Universal Invert - A Minimalistic Puzzle Game (by Glitchnap & Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Apr 19, 2017.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Superb post.

2. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #22 Yanagi, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    I've only tried Invert for maybe half an hour, but so far it's been great. The fun colours present in the game is the first thing that attracted me, as usually any puzzle game that doesn't involve timing and precision is already expected to be right up my alley. I'll be switching between Invert and Vignettes this weekend.

3. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    #23 TrueBlou, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017

From my perspective and i am a developer, have been for 7 years. I know all too well what the AppStore is like now compared to years ago. One thing I don't and never have liked is when prices get dropped just days after release. The pricing structure should have been considered and settled before release. I don't like it when companies take advantage of people, plain and simple. I couldn't care less if it was 20 bucks or 50 cents. It's a practice a lot of people have employed over the years just to cash in as much as they can when the time is right. Sure, it's business, most of them are in it to make money. But there's a fair way and an unfair way to achieve that.

What I am pleased to see and it's certainly a refreshing change from some of the money grabbing companies out there is that the publisher is being honest, saying they made an honest mistake with the pricing structure for the period of time they are fortunate enough to be getting exposure and that they are willing to do something by way of apology to anyone who bought it early and wasn't happy with such a quick price drop.

For that I commend them, I wish there were more developers and publishers who had that kind of sensibility on the AppStore. I'm sure we can all think of plenty, without too much trouble who use every evil little tactic they can to squeeze money out of people.

For what it's worth, I did buy the game. I always support developers who put the effort in and go the extra mile to keep their customers happy and that's certainly the case here.

Oh, and it's a good game too. I'm a fan of puzzles more than anything else on iOS and I'm definitely enjoying this one so far.

4. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Agreed. When devs are lucky to make enough money to stay in business, even after coming up with a great premium game, it's hard to be too upset about them doing something that can help them to survive, particularly when it's always been the case that early adopters must pay a premium for their privilege.

5. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    How can the pricing structure be decided on ahead of time when the dev has no real way of knowing whether their game will strike a cord and sell well enough for them to continue to stay in business? I could see this being the case before so many devs went the F2P route, but going that route caused way too many people to be increasingly unwilling to pay for their games. If you can get everyone to move back towards purchasing games and paying what the games are actually worth, your brand of pricing morality would be wonderful.