Universal Invader Hunter - (by Pindilab) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Out of curiosity, does Unity only support 4.3 now? Or is there a loophole that'd allow 4.2 support? From what I read up on, 4.3 didn't do any real optimizations for devices, just some minor things. And I know not all new Uniy games require 4.3, as I just played (and very much enjoyed) Mafia Rush by Chillingo. That said I don't know a whole lot on the entire development process, or Unity for that matter.

That bites btw. Though I'd definitely advise against requiring iOS 5 unless you have to. Not everyone has upgraded. And a lot of your customers (including on this site) haven't upgraded to iOS 5 for the same reasons as mine.

Reasons I haven't upgraded:
    1. I can't upgrade to iOS 4.3 anymore. This is because it's no longer sponsored by Apple. I tried a non-Apple sponsored method but kept getting the notorious error 3194...
    2. I'm not going to upgrade to iOS 5 because nearly everyone (e.g. 95%) of people I've heard from have regretted upgrading to iOS 5 on their iTouch 4th gens. Massive slowdowns and lags, not to mention lots of crashing, has occured particularly on 4th gen iTouches. Now if I had an iPhone 4 or 3GS I'd probly upgrade, since there haven't been many problems on those devices, but until the iOS 5 problems on 4th gens are fixed, I won't be upgrading to iOS 5.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck on your game. Hope you're succesful with it, as it definitely looks like a high caliber game!

2. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Is it just me or have others had problems with the dodge button not working like 75% of the time? I rarely am able to actually get it to work when I need it most, and I'm not sure why. It's pretty irritating :mad:

3. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    #103 janny, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    I think I've got made insincere answer for you. I really sorry and regret my upper answer. We'll find the way you can play. We'll contact you by email. We need your Device Information and we will test something.

Sorry make you annoying!

P.S. I'm the only man who can wirte short English in our team, and Our only one regular employee, programmer, CEO Kim now awake and see this board. He will find out the way of your problem. And I'll repond in this Forum more carefully.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    It has to do with your battery in the game. The bar below your health shows your suit's or your gun's battery power. When you shoot a lot, you have to build up to move or shoot again - I think you also lose power when the enemy gets a good hit on you. If you use the battery boost powerup, you will see it makes a bit of a difference in giving you more ability to respond.

5. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]INVADER HUNTER[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    29/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to clean up all the invaders as a hired marine?

[size=+3][thread=124222]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

6. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    I think I've got made insincere answer for you. I really sorry and regret my upper answer. We'll find the way you can play. We'll contact you by email. We need your Device Information and we will test something.

Sorry make you annoying!

P.S. I'm the only man who can wirte short English in our team, and Our only one regular employee, programmer, CEO Kim now awake and see this board. He will find out the way of your problem. And I'll repond in this Forum more carefully.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The bar under your HP. It's like a stamina bar. You cant dodge without enough battery to spend on the dodge. It's there so you dont abuse dodges, and it makes for some strategic plays.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Voted this game as my Game of the Week!

9. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    I did that too :D The game totally deserves being Game of the Week imo :)

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #110 arta, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    Came to post this. The menus need to be a lot snappier in responsivity. Also agree with the need to fine tune aiming with the right thumb rather than the analog stick on the left, and with the translations. Main menu and splash screens could also be jazzed up. Still great work for a lone developer. :)

11. yvcgamer

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    After getting a bit farther in the game, I'm wondering if it would be better to also have to possibiliy to change gold into core? Because I am constantly low on green core (needed for flame bullets) while I have more than enough gold. The ratio could be quite high, like 5g for 1 core, but I think it would be better. Or being able to change cores into another color of cores (like from red to blue) would be cool too.

What do you all think? And is it even possible?

PS: Are there any plans to add more consumable items? Because the red cores are just stacking up :/

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Im still loving this game. The controls work perfectly for me I can see that the aiming is on the left stick so that you have to stop to aim, if your could aim and run it would make it a whole different experience.

As for upgrading to ios 5, I'm using an iPod 4G and iOS 5.0.1 and don't have any problems with lag or crashing.

13. yvcgamer

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    I think i found a bug, guys: I can't make the metalgears suit. It says that i need 2 R2 metal (i have 40) and 1330 gold (I have 30236) but I can't produce the suit. The button is grey and pushng it doesn't change anything :(

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If youve gone far enough, you should have the Pumpkin set which makes all shots "Fire shots" which come as free when completing extra missions. No need to spend anything for fire bullets until very late in the game, where you'd have more than enough cores for anything. :)

15. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    We'll fix at next update!

You are the second seeker that bug in this planet!
    One heavy Korean user found that and pointed out in forum of HungrayApp which is similar site like toucharcade in Korea.

Thanks and sorry for the bug! we fixed in the next update!

16. yvcgamer

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    Ok, thanks for the response :)

Does anyone know where the "Fatal" spot on the Lake invader is? I've been shooting at his head, back and front alot but never got a Fatal :/

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dunno if anyone found this bug too, but it's about replenishing your Heal and Battery Kits up to 12 in the inventory screen.

Currently, if you have less than 12 of the kits in your backpack, and you go to the inventory to bring it back to 12, you have to unequip the Kits then re-equip. Cant just add more to get it back to 12.

I hope that's clear enough. Thanks!

18. yvcgamer

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    Is it a bug? I've been replenishing my kits like that from the start. I thought it was meant to be like that.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Since what we want is just to bring the number back up to 12, it assumingly would be a bug to unequip what you currently have then equip a set of 12 again.

If it was intentional, then it would seem like a design flaw, which is unlikely. This game has shown so much in gameplay for this to be intentional. Im pretty sure it isnt.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    We're not talking about moving and shooting at the same time, we want the aiming to be on the same button as shooting.

Know how 1st person and 3rd person shooters on iOS allow you to aim when you press the aim button, and holding and swiping around lets you pan around down your sights at the same time? That's what we want, to press and hold that button on the right and swipe around with it to finetune your aim instead of using the analog stick while in aim mode.:)