Universal Invader Hunter - (by Pindilab) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Put in coop multiplayer and multiple Invaders in some missions and we have something deserving of a spot at everyone's top 10.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just had something strange happen. I went back to fight the first set of monsters with my new powerful weapons (hehe) and i was playing the second level I think. Anyway I was shooting away and fired two shots pretty close together, the first shot killed it and it went into the cool slo-mo dying animation then the second shot hit it! And on the results screen I got a C but then it quickly changed to a A? Check out the pic it gave me both grades lol.
    [​IMG]

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure that's a C. Hehehe... With a 66% Hit rate and only 1 fatal shot, it should be a C. It probablyh glitched out on you because of that double shot thingy that happened

4. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Add me to the list of enjoying this game!

My one complaint is I'd love to be able to aim (once I go to fire my weapon) with my right thumb. Once I hold in the fire button I am then only able to use the left analog stick to control the fine-tune aiming.

This seems strange to me as in almost every other iOS shooter I use my right thumb to aim.

Great game either way, thanks!

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... The aiming was my only concern on my mini review a few posts back.

I have S-Ranked most of Rate 1 and 2 missions... Also, as a HINT for everyone playing this here's a little spoiler that could help you a bit.
    DONT BUY THE PUMPKIN ARMOR PIECES. You get them as rewards for completing "EXTRA" missions.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh... I need to edit my signature to include this fantastic title. LOL

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

This is doing my head in! Anyone finding the roll button unresponsive??? It works sometimes but others nothing grrrrrr

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually the vbuttons are very responsive on my end.

BUT i came to the point where the Invaders are comboing me to death. ALWAYS. It has come to the point that the difficulty is making me want to throw my iphone to the wall.

The Ghost in Rate 4 just keeps on casting spells and if one hits you, the next one will hit you RIGHT AFTER YOU STAND UP. Im not seeing any Moments of Invincibility from the dodges, so the only option is to get out of the way... But you cant coz im in the middle of the explosion. *rage mode*

9. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Yeah even after rebooting it still crashed, it was unsalvageable . Deleted, tis a shame

10. atopix

atopix Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Quite a fantastic game!

I've had no problems and there's an incredible amount of developer polish here. Wonderful animations, gameplay and controls. The graphics are really good and so far I'm really enjoying this like many others!

Worth the asking price!!

11. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    We really sorry about that. We've tested in detail from yesterday but our device don't crash now. Can you send me your device general information of setting menu screenshot? Sorry for inconvenience.

12. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    #72 Ghostz, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    keep trying to upload img having problems :D

13. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    God! you kill twice monster at the dead time!!

How can you do that!! We've seen the scence with 0.01% ratio.
    I think you might use delay bullet. Some special bullets has a secret for Rank.. Anyway we'll check it! Thanks!

14. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Picked this up last night to soothe the sting of iBomber not even running on my 4G touch and legion translation errors aside, the game is indeed pretty solid. Some of the arenas are a little too ridiculous in terms of the ability to navigate them with the existing control scheme, but a lot more fun than the official MH game.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just dont agree with that right there. Weapon classes, lots of items and strategies, lots of maps big and small, lots of varied moves and gimmicks for each class, lots of sub bosses and non-bosses on top of the main bosses, MULTIPLAYER, the list goes on.

But since this game is what we have on the iOS, this game is superb. I just cant compare it with the original MH titles.

EDIT: Wait... Are you talking about the iOS Monster Hunter? I finished that one, but that one sucked compared to the original gameplay from the PS2 to the Wii to the PSP and now, unfortunately, on the 3DS. LOL.

16. janny

janny Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Hi~ Guy! Look my finger (see our universal test)

We've tested Invader Hunter universal app version for our customer.
    Don't worry about universal! We'll do update next time~ :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/wEgyvY5OWyU

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That's the one I'm talking about. The original series with all the bells and whistles is a whole other mess of critters.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-hunter-dynamic-hunting/id428887661?mt=8

18. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    #78 yvcgamer, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    I bought the game today and, having played it for a few hours, I really like it. There is a large diversity of weapons and armor, which can all be crafted if you have a bit of patience. The developers also (and I like this alot) gave the "invaders" multiple skins, so the bosses you're fighting don't always look the same (which is good because it would look stupid if you were fighting exactly the same bosses during the whole game).
    There are a few points which could use some work imo:

-The "Alien" doesn't look very good. The other bosses look quite crisp and nicely cell-shaded; but the Alien looks much less good than the others.

-The translations. I know that the studio isn't American or European, so I wasn't expecting completely correct translations, but they're often so bad I hardly understand what the sentence means XD I would suggest hiring a translator OR asking some native english speakers to help you out (I'm sure there are quite some people on this forum who would gladly help with the translations).

But I guess I shouldn't complain about those points because you already mentioned you're working on it and the game itself is very enjoyable :D

19. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    So how does this game work? Is it one long mission, where you fight creature after creature to see how far you can get, an arena type game where you unlock other creatures/arenas the further you go, one where you can pick what creatures you want to fight once that creature is available (ie. Is there replay value - or do you keep fightin one creature till you get past him then on to the next one?)?

I am very interested in this game, but want to make sure I know exactly what kind of gameplay I would be in for. I do like arena-type games (ie. Where you are set against certain bad guys or scenarios) such as Batman, Dungeon Hunter 3, Epoch, Robot Gladi8or.

20. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    You can choose missions from the menu, each of those missions involves killing a boss. Upon accepting the mission, you are placed in some sort of arena where you can fight the boss. After defeating the boss you get materials which you can use to craft new weapons and armor to use during the next mission. I hope this cleared it up a bit :)