Universal Invader Hunter - (by Pindilab) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Wow liking it so far. Love the similarity to MH. Really how in the world did I miss this at release? Anyways thanks for the impressions :D

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Were the controls ever updated?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope. The current setting isnt optimal, but it works. It's similar to how bowguns work in Monster Hunter Freedom series.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Now 0,79€/0,99$!

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Fantastic game. I can't play FPS or third person shooter games (get too dizzy), but I can actually play this game. The controls remind me of the iOS Resident Evil 4's controls somewhat. I actually like not being able to shoot and move at the same time as thats what makes me dizzy normally.

The variety of boss attack patterns is pretty fun to learn so far. I'm mid way through rank 3 and I like it a lot better than the iOS Monster Hunter. That game I tried liking, but always had trouble with the controls.

Anyways..just popping to say thanks for a fun game.

6. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Which ios game is better??? This or monster hunter dynamic?

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    This one by far.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    +1 to this, I'm a huge monster hunter fan but this is a much better game, I bought both games and while I did finish monster hunter this had much more play time.

9. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Okay I'm going to get this one :) This one seems better and this one's cheaper and the other one isn't really worth 4.99 cuz game play is shorter than this one.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont know when this control option was added but since i had a new ithing i am playing this from scratch and there a dynamic stick option but labeled as Special camera under options. Makes aiming super easy. It's unforgivable how i just missed this option, as i was using a fixed stick since day one.

One of my favorite games since day one, and i missed that option. How pathetic.

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time and obviously for a limited time. Great! No IAPs. Although the genre is not my favorite I'm having pretty fun with Invader Hunter. Technically impressive (although long loading times for menu screens on iPad 4). Recommended!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy crap i cant find this on the appstore.

It still plays on 8.4.1 though, and i wanted to install it on my wife's iphone 5 on iOS9 to check compatibility but couldnt find it anymore, not even on my purchased list.

Im pretty sure i still have it on the computer at the other house, so i could use that this weekend.

Sigh... One of my favorite games on iOS...

13. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The sequel is supposed to be coming soon, too.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Problem is i cant find Pindilab (the devs) either. I fear that it would mean they either pulled out of the appstore, or hopefully they decided to go with a different publisher.

15. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I completely forgot how much I loved this game! Pretty sure I still have it in a folder on my iPad. Gonna have to dig it out and hunt down some big bads!

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Dang, just saw this game for the first time and wanted to try it. Shame it's not on the store.

17. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York