iPad Introducing Pixel Plex (by Toast Mobile) - A social city sim game (March 9th)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toast Games, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast Games

Toast Games Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mobile Application Developer
    Louisiana, USA
    #1 Toast Games, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    [​IMG]

Get ready for a exciting new twist on City Simulation games!
    Hey guys, Toast here. We're really excited to give details on our new game, Pixel Plex. As a real-time multiplayer city simulation game, it's the first of its kind, putting 40 players together in a city. The game will be released for iOS on March 9th. Let us know if you have any gameplay questions and we'll do our best to fill you in!

Build your Plex among friends
    In Pixel Plex you are in charge of building your Plex however you want!
    Invite your friends to join your city, trade resources, and work together to build HUGE
    CITY-WIDE projects.

Expand upwards and outwards
    Choose from over 30 different buildings, each with the ability to grow and change!
    Buy up more land to grow your Plex and expand your businesses!

Get ahead in a fluctuating marketplace
    Buy and sell shares in the Plex Marketplace, but be careful, stock prices change every hour!
    Use the trade depot to buy and sell resources to people in your city.

Run for Mayor of the City
    With elections held every two days, things change fast in Pixel Plex. As mayor, you can control policies that effect the whole city. Will you lower taxes on big projects, increase the value of the market, or just line your pockets with extra cash?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Interested in Pixel Plex? Subscribe to our email list to get the latest updates and receive 3 dollars worth of in-game currency for free!
    https://tinyletter.com/PixelPlex

Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/pixel_plex/

Website
    https://pixelplexgame.com

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I’m assuming F2P. Still interested though; looks nice and I do like the sound of a RT multiplayer city builder.

3. Toast Games

Apr 5, 2011
    Louisiana, USA
    Yes, though we've spent a lot of time balancing our in-game currency to keep gameplay fair. Paid features aren't required to progress in the game. Thanks for the interest, we're really excited to see how players will interact with each other in-game. We've designed it to have both collaborative and competitive elements.

4. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This looks really well!!

5. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Some questions now I’ve had a think.

The city blocks we see in the screenshots are all the same shape and size. Is this the case across the whole city?

How big is the city play area? If the blocks we see are consistent, how many blocks is it along each “side” of the city? 20x20, 50x50 etc.

I see only roads; will there be rail, metro etc?
    On that note, can you briefly explain how deep the city building will be? Will there be underground planning, power/water provision, civic areas (just a few examples from many), that sort of thing or will it be a more streamlined, pared back style of building?

Many thanks.

6. Toast Games

Apr 5, 2011
    Louisiana, USA
    Great questions! A city block is always 16 buildings (4x4), but players can expand to buy more blocks of land. The block grid is also some of the strategy, because you can hire workers from any surrounding block and managing workers is a big part of the game. There are three city sizes (5, 20, and 40 people) and we give enough space for each player to have an average of 3 blocks.

Vehicles in the game include cars, boats, planes, and blimps. Unlike other sim games, there is no 'zoning', but instead you choose what and were buildings go, and manage their efficiency. The city infrastructure is based less on water & power and more on the social aspects. For example, building a Trade Depot will allow resource trading with other players. Warehouses expand the amount you can hold. Schools will improve nearby workers' skills. The Contractor allows you to upgrade and unlock new building types. Each city project will also affect the city as whole in some way.

7. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Ok, thanks. Looking forward to trying it out.

8. ZAF<3

ZAF<3 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Hello, is there a testflight code available for this game?

9. Toast Games

Apr 5, 2011
    Louisiana, USA
    We're currently in a closed beta testing, but I don't mind adding a few more people. PM me your email and I'll put you on the list.

10. Pokemonisfunlel

Pokemonisfunlel New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I've been beta testing the game for about a month now and I have to say, it is really a great mobile experience. I think that the multiplayer aspect makes it more interesting and gives it more replayability than other mobile tycoon games. Can't wait for the official release! :)

11. Toast Games

Apr 5, 2011
    Louisiana, USA
    Hey guys, I've written some information explaining how the multiplayer works in Pixel Plex on our subreddit. If you are interested check it out here!

Subreddit link

12. TigerrrUppercut

TigerrrUppercut Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Aug 8, 2016
    Mobile Marketing, Monetization & Community
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    This is looking really nice, would love to check it out if you can add me to your testers: [email protected]

13. Toast Games

Apr 5, 2011
    Louisiana, USA
    Added you!

14. Chickenskins

Chickenskins Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Would also love to test this. Sent you a pm!

15. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Loading screen..... crash, to home screen.

iPhone 6+ 128gb
    iOS 10.3.1
    Region: US

Killed all background apps + restarted device = same result.

Is the game working for anyone else?