Universal Into the Dim - Dungeon Crawler (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's definitely a US App Store issue not a wifi cache one. I would look at this on your own end dev, kind of strange we all have the same problem of not being able to download the app due to it saying item no longer available?

2. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Hard to say why so.

We see some people who download and play it in the US in the stats.
    I downloaded it from US - and it worked.
    So, it works for some and doesn't work for some too.
    And everything looks as usual in the ITC on our side.
    Yet the issue exists and I'm unhappy that this happens.

I guess it isn't a local cache issue on a mac/device.
    Probably a propagation issue in the app store servers some of which have older data.
    In this case switching to another provider may connect you to another server where it works fine.

It would be great if someone from US and or with a US account located in some other country could post if it works for them.

And if they solved it somehow then sharing the solution steps would help a lot.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm in the US and downloaded without any problem this afternoon. Used AT&T wireless connection if relevant.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    This has been happening for months with random new releases. The last game I seem to remember many of us having a problem with was Agent A. I had errors for almost a solid day after release, then it eventually worked. There doesn't seem to be much you can do about it if you are affected. You just have to wait and it should start working at some point.

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It says this item is not available

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The error message varied throughout the day, the last time it happened to me. Sometimes it would say that the item is not available, and other times it would say that it couldn't be found on the server, or other error messages.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #67 Cilo, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    I still can't download the app due to the error but the App Store description shows the in app purchases tab now which it wasn't before, so maybe it'll fully cache in by tonight.

8. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Can't download still. I live in the southeastern US, have used AT&T wifi and AT&T wireless LTE and still nothing.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Downloaded it in the NZ and US AppStore fine. The AppStore is just a crazy place. Give it overnight and it should be fine for everybody.

Anyway, I'm absolutely loving this game. It definitely exceeded my expectations. Oh, and those visuals. Those beautiful beautiful visuals.

10. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #70 Lull4by, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Great game, good job Dev :)

Here is my only thought so far:
    1. About the bat, I find it is really unpredictable, sometimes when you have less than 2 hearts, even you skip turns cautiously, no enemy is showed up then you think: ok looks like it is safe now, let us move! after your move is done, a bat showed up ineffably and "Bam!" you died! seems less strategy using to predict/counter it, maybe when a monster is near you but not showed up yet, show a skull mark to the direction where the monster is only, so you will know there is a monster near you but you still need to think about what it is and how to counter it.

BTW I passed the dog level without trying second times, just need to be really really careful.

11. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

This game ;~; it's too good to be true <3

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    D@mn these "out of nowhere" games are always the best.

13. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    What a shame that Apple can't be bothered to correct the problem with downloading this app. I've given up for now. None of the proposed methods in this thread helped me, though they may have helped others. On to other apps.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Guys,

The download issue has been happening for months on new releases. It happened to me on Neon Drive and a host of others. What we figured out is its an issue on Apples side. It's a DNS error and Apples problem. Give it a day or two and it will resolve itself and you will be able to download the game.

It is not the developers fault. The developer cannot do anything about it. froula, the developers of Neon Drive, placed an emergency ticket and Apple told them they have to tell every single user to individually place a complaint ticket through iTunes.

It's not the developers fault. It's totally on Apples end. It will resolve itself in a few days as it appears to be a DNS error.

Billy

15. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Finally was able to download by signing in to NZ account, yay! Sorry to all of those left in the dark, hopefully you can get into the dim soon! (see what I did there, or you might not be able to see it in the dark, lol)

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks Billy and you are right it's Apples issue. And it's happened with games I've tried to download in the past
    And it will get cleared up soon and it appears this one will be worth that wait :)

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's understandable if it's an error on Apple's end. Either way it sucks as usually the first couple of days are crucial for exposure. Anyway I gave up on the US App Store, logged into the NZ store and it downloads without any issue.

18. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Everything said positive about this game for the most part is true. Ex. Fun to play, polished, free done right, time and care put into this one. I like, only gripe id like to play horizontally.

US store still unavailable. NZ account no problems.

19. ilsilvano

ilsilvano Member

Nov 26, 2015
    I am loving this great little game already, it plays and looks great, thank you! Only one thing bothers me: why cannot I just slide to move instead of having those flimsy buttons?

20. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Really digging this. Normally don't like my puzzle-likes so cuddly, but this one is too slick not to appreciate. Wish levels were more random, but realize that the chess-minded puzzle design wouldn't shine otherwise. Yes, puppy level is far more difficult than any level prior and many after it. Assume it's turning a lot of players off as even the most cautious play can fail because it's so easy to get cornered by multiple mobs. Would recommend pushing it further down the lineup or reducing the number of enemies.