Universal Into the Dim - Dungeon Crawler (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by YuliYuli, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Looks good, but won't download. Getting the no longer available message in the US AppStore. Guess ill try again later.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

One of those Games that will either make you break your iDevice or fall again in love with it...

Parts of the Game are just plain and simple fantastic while other parts make me cry and sob (Dog Level!). It`s like a walk on the edge of a bridge where you know that you can always fall down and still just keep walking and walking with the same result at the end :D

I like the overall mood but would wish that the game would at least at the beginning take your hand and explain more since the first time I played the Game I literally wanted to smash my iPad Pro against the Wall till I did understand that I can actually just stop where I am and take a break a let the A.I move instead.

OK enough talking, I need to get that damn Dog done or buy myself a new iPad Pro if I don`t get passed it tonight.

3. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Thanks for your nice words :)
    We actually discussed whether we should add a tutorial or not. And finally decided not to. Turns out we might have been wrong. Sorry for making you feel like smashing your device! :( Hope it's still alive :)

4. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    Sorry :( Unfortunately we can't help with that
    Hope you will still try again later!

5. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    How bout binoculars 7 sum #⭐️✨## b4 i even play it. Do yall see that last piece of heArtwork?! It'z sooooooo Beast

6. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Is there a bug or did I not understand what I was buying? I payed the 50 coin to add a move slot and I still only have 3 move bubbles. If it doesn't add more bubbles then what does it do? It's 125 for the next upgrade, i feel like i wasted 50 coins.

Otherwise, great game! I dont think there needs to be a tutorial per se, but maybe a discriptive baloon that explains that you and each enemy get 3 actions. And also maybe a bubble that tells you what each item is for the first time you pick it up/use it.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Like umm,... (In my 300 VOICE!!!) I will pay your top dollar! For my men and i will ware our shields proudly into ye light we will conquer the darkness!!! WHO WANTS T SHIRTS!!!!!!
    From the echo in my room back to reality. Slowly lowers fist from the flashback

Eh ahem...
    can you dig it?⛄️

8. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    there's a timer on the upgrades, that's probably the problem.

I couldn't find it in the threat, but how do hearts regenerate?

9. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    You either pick up a medkit or refill lives (using coins) in the Lounge room

10. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    Could you explain what you mean by "a timer on the upgrades"? Like, your upgrades don't take effect until a certain amount of time has passed? That would make no sense.

11. YuliYuli

Jan 16, 2015
    #51 YuliYuli, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    As you buy some new slot (life, ammo, moves) you need to wait some time until it loads (there's a timer). However, you can also use coins to get it immediately. As soon as it is ready you will always have it.

Thanks for support and nice words! :)

12. HotHamBoy

Feb 1, 2015
    Oh, I see. That's... Interesting. Would you consider a one-time payment to remove timers and ads? I'd be happy to pay something like $5 for that, but i have too many games to play to care to spend money on something like coins or hurrying timers.

13. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Are there any IAPs in this? I haven't seen much on it besides it being free (IAP's are fine but I'm curious what the price is for things)

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I think the first page has them, hope that helps

15. Andyz

Andyz Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Very hard until you realise how it works and then easy until the dog level which is just bad! Need to see further

16. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    The soft monetization used in there works like this.

If you loot level by level entirely, including chests, secrets, enemies and puzzle rooms, you will have pretty enough free coins to make all the necessary updates.

When you upgrade move points, heards or bullets it takes some time for an update to complete - you can speed up this by spending more coins.

Additonally you can get extra lives and extra bullets for coins. But you can also do this for free by looting med kits and ammo chests on levels. And you will always have at least one heart, so the game won't prevent you from playing - you'll have just to be more carefull and strategic thinking until you'll find the med kit, etc.

But if you'll spend coins on refills, that aren't really needed, then it'll be harder to play as you'll need to get more money for upgrades on tougher levels.

So, the strategy would be:
    1) loot everything you can in all levels
    2) spend coins only on upgrades (moves, then hearts, then bullets)
    3) be careful and think out your tactics
    4) wait until upgrades are ready

Basically waiting is related to game advancement and how much time it takes, so that in normal turn of events you would normally wait anyway. But if you want to go faster then you can either purchase coins with IAP. Or earn coins by watching opt-in videos.

17. stelluhreyesthis

stelluhreyesthis Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Can't download? Anyone else still or just me?

18. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    A hint on dog level.

When you start seeing a skeleton come back until you either don't see him or only see him barely.

Then wait, skip a turn.

Skeleton'll go away and you'll be able to pass.

Have a look at videos posted in previous pages - I've seen someone passing the dog level.

19. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    We see some hits in real-time stats from US. So, it probably the same cache issue. Try to reconnect to your WiFi/3G or connect to another network - it may help.

Attached Files:

• itd.jpg
      itd.jpg
      File size:
      188.8 KB
      Views:
  20. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Can't download