Universal Into the Dead - (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Leave it to PikPok to create one of about 3 runners to date that I actually enjoy, out of a seemingly endless stream of "meh" runners, and to somehow implement IAPs in a way that doesn't appear at first glance to instantly break the leaderboards or turn the game into nothing more than a pointless coin hunt...

Well played, PikPok... well played.;):cool:

Oh, and I freaking love this game so far.:D

And now, I will actually go to bed, as was the original plan before I decided I simply could not end the day with this game on my phone, unplayed...

DBC

2. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I love the game!
    Fricking fantastic!
    The setting, the feeling, the awesome sounds, the graphics everything is top notch

It must be the best runner game ever made.
    Immediately bought the coin doubler to give some money to the devs

3. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    My highest so far with the start with a weapon perk and double ammo is

I dig the first person view, the breathing of the character, the graphics and gun. Pretty cool stuff. NO lag whatsoever. Plays very smooth on my iPad Mini.

One of the better runners in the app store. It is definitely good for picking up to play for 5 mins or so at a time. I could see getting bored after awhile if I played nonstop for more than 15 mins and look forward to the stuff that's labeled as "coming soon"

4. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Power cycling meaning turning off Bluetooth, lowering brightness, ect?

It could be the acheivement trying to fire, I got to 1600 on my first run and that's where it crashed. If I was suppose to get an acheivement, then that's what happened.

Great zombie runner by the way, but I gave 2 stars because I really can't play because of this issue.

5. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Power cycling means turning your phone right off and then on again. Basically holding down the Sleep and Home buttons down together until it powers off completely. Then power it on again.

Understandable. Hopefully we can get a fix out there and turn that frown upside down.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright, time for metalcasket to ask the question only metalcasket is silly enough to ask: PikPok, regarding the app title on our devices, could you kindly change the "T" in Into The Dead to a lowercase "t"? :p

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bought the coin doubler to support Pikpok... best pickup of the day for me.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #88 VeganTnT, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Figured out what my problem was. My wifi connection was down to a crawl and that caused the issues. Once I turned off my ps3 which was streaming Netflix my iPad's signal improved and the game now plays.

Odd considering I not into airplane mode and it was still crashing. The game must continue trying to connect pretty aggressively to cause a crash like the ones I faced

EDIT: tried playing again and was locked out :( for some reason I decided to plug in my ipad 3 ( it was over 60% full) and the game started responding. So it may not have had anything to do with my wifi connection

9. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Love the atmosphere in this one, this game certainly takes the Dead Runner style running to a new level.

10. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Another terrific endless runner.
    Enough said.

11. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    its very hard,i can't do better:

[​IMG]

12. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    What a great game. Wish it gave you more ways to upgrade your character but gameplay itself is so good i dont care :D

13. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    I am liking this the brief time I've played. It's atmospheric. Good lot of control choices as well. IAP doesn't seem too outlandish I've already accrued a few hundred coins.

However of all the IAP, and I'll admit I haven't actually looked at it yet. The one I most want to buy is the one that removes the ads from the armoury screen. Im really hoping that exists. 'Bingo Bash' isn't exactly within theme ;)

14. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Please give us the option to disable ads with an iap!!!

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Game locks up during helicopter graphic at start of game every time. Total reboot hasn't fixed it. I'm on wifi from my iPhone 5, 3bars LTE. iPad 3, 64gig.

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Try plunging into an outlet. That fixed it for me

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey PikPok! Any chance it'll get iCloud for us multi-device people?

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Great run! My best is only a slither above 4k. The game gets frantic and actually scary when you hit 3500.

For me, gotw, this one is.

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We are just wrapping up the first update (with a new game mode) and will be rolling straight onto the next. We'll be looking at your feedback to work out what goes into the second update, so requests like that will definitely be considered!

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #100 Appletini, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Couple of ideas:

Roll the "no-ad" IAP into the coin doubler; this would be both practical and take care of the cosmetic side of things.

New area added into the mix - the farmstead. Run through/between/around buildings: the farmhouse, barn, and so forth, before heading back to the fields.

New zombie - 2nd-tier "aware" zombie. Has red eyes instead of the usual yellow, gives a unique audio cue, and will actively walk towards you to grab you, making it harder to avoid.

New perk - combat knife. Allows you to take down a single zombie that grabs you directly, allowing you to continue where you would have otherwise died. The upcoming Companion perk is possibly already intended to do this (I also thought that the dog might be used to grab weapons you're not going to be able to reach yourself, but that seems like it could be a bit of a stretch).

Add a fixed amount of ammo to the weapon found on your own grave; it is irritating to automatically switch to a chainsaw that has 0.1 fuel and is literally thrown away the very instant you try to use it.

Remove cheaters from the leaderboards, such as the guy with the slightly suspicious score of two billion kills. :p