Universal Into the Dead 2 (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
  2. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Man this game gets my phone hot. Then dims my brightness. Anybody else notice this

3. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    #83 kickypants, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    This board is dead. I don't blame people because this game is ridiculous. I want so much to like it like I loved the first one but wow is this game stingy and greedy I mean they don't make it fun to play just always asking for money. Limiting play with timers and tickets. The grind ruins the game completely. They ask for a 10 dollar subscription and you don't even get any weapons with it. You still have to grind. There's no endless mode and every weapon is 10 bucks. Thanks for sucking the life out of this franchise. I spent like 40 bucks on the last game or more. I mean you charge us money like it's a full Xbox 1 console game. But it's not. It's a one trick pony running game. game is the true definition of grind hell. Are you guys it pik pok even gamers at all because you sure don't seem like you're a gamer. And I'm sure this post will probably get me kicked off here because I'm not allowed to express any contradictory opinions but I don't care because I'm pissed that they ruined this game

4. tph_james

tph_james New Member

Oct 25, 2017
    malaysia
    #84 tph_james, Oct 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    4* to 1*

Initially rated the game 4*, but the longer I play the more furious I become.
    1. No reload button
    2. Weapon swap button at funny position
    3. Stamina... Why? And 3 stamina for new run, is that really necessary?
    4. Items are random in the shop. I don't have dog food when I need one. Plain stupid.
    5. I ran 2000ft and ended up getting caught by a distant zombie at 65ft mark. How the hell the zombie grabbed me even I'm not close? Heard a lot of reviews that the players grabbed by off-screen zombies.
    6. Can't use same type of weapon at the same time. Why? It's my armory, okay???
    7. No restart button.
    8. Super frequent loading. Why so many loading?
    9. At least 3 times already the game asked me to choose between cloud and phone profile due to conflict. Every time both profiles were the same, so what's the conflict?
    I'll continue if I think of anything else. It's just not fun anymore.
    It will stay as 1* from me if the issues above are not solved.

5. Oneuniqueme

Oneuniqueme New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Male
    Sprinting zombies

I cannot even consider spending money on this game until the zombies that sprint sideways are either fixed or removed. I am constantly being killed by zombies whom I sometimes do not even see until they kill me. I love this game otherwise, but if I cannot even beat a daily mission because of some stupid zombie that I literally do not see until I am killed, then this game will never see my wallet.

6. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I believe in supporting devs. It's has a lot of potential. Yes brutal difficulty. The sideways zombies can be avoided by juking but you gotta be on your game. I've spent a few bucks when the 99 cent 500 gold deal is offered. But the grind is real. I could accept the timers for Story and survival if they gave us a couple endless modes like the original. Daily is nice. I play every day because it's hard and I get to run without timers. But what the hell happened that they omitted the hard-core mode or trial of the dead like they did last time the hard-core mode was sweet because you just run and try and kill as many zombies as possible and you get to try different weapons weapons were cheaper I could buy me a nice machine gun for five bucks and I spent a lot of money. I love the fact that the last game came out different weapons sets. I hope this will eventually adds more weapons sets as well or maybe even perks that you can just buy whenever you want. Right now there is definitely more I don't like about this game then what I do like about this game and I have been playing the first one quite frequently as well because I still love that one

7. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Pik pok has left the building.

8. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    #88 kickypants, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Out of me and my four friends playing it I'm the only one left playing they all have pretty much given up I asked them every day if they've got their daily challenges yet but they've all pretty much just given up. I mean really Besides daily challenge I usually don't play much more that entire day if I'm bored I might play the story mode survival mode a couple times but other than that I don't really care about those Modes. I really want to hard-core mode back to see how many zombies I can kill before I'm killed. A free mode. Leave the timers and tickets on story and survival and give us a couple free endless modes so we can keep playing

9. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Story mode. Lol. What story. Energy. Wait. Run. Wait. Story. Talking. Wait some more to play. Blah blah blah

10. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I got to thank the devs of this free to play turd. You have inspired me to go back to console gaming. Ahhhhhhh. Free playing. So fine. Your timers are such a bore. Kick mud. Sick of it

11. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Thanks for the feedback. The team is reading and continuing to make tweaks and changes to the game, as well as adding new features and content.

We just released a new version. Please update to make sure you get all the latest fixes and improvements.

v1.0.8
    Change Notes

- Improved value for all VIP Members, including unlimited story stamina and event tokens
    - Improved performance on low memory devices
    - The crossbow bolts are now 100% recoverable if you run over them
    - Clearer reward presentation
    - Helpful new notifications
    - Various bug fixes and usability improvements

12. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We just released an update with some key fixes and a lot of small changes.

v1.1
    Change notes
    - Improved store communication
    - Parts earned for weapons beyond max level can now be traded for silver
    - Improved communication for changes in the event leaderboard
    - FIXED: Issue with Zombies grabbing the player from the side
    - FIXED: Can now speed up reward flow by tapping
    - Various bug fixes and usability improvements

13. zolos

zolos New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    good game, nice to see sideways zombies got fixed, it was very annoying and really unfair. i wanna ask, as f2p, how are you guys getting the silver needed for upgrades? i am at chapter 4, play every day for 30 mins or so, and am stuck with 8 weapons with tons of parts, multiple levels available to upgrade and no silver. are you people spending gold to transform to silver? seems counter intuitive...

14. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    If you are low on silver, make sure you are getting your daily free Items Lootbox which always gives you silver, getting the first and/or second Loot Bag after a successful run for a high chance at silver, and playing the Daily Challenge to get the silver reward for achieving the bronze kill target.

In the mean time, focus spending your silver on the weapons which you feel are most important to you at the time.

15. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Converting gold to silver for coinage. I noticed with the new update I don't see a count down timer for free lock boxes. Does that mean free boxes are gone now? If so that's a big fail

16. karansaraf

karansaraf New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Paid for VIP subscription yesterday (£9.99).

Was promised 50 gold and 5 parts every day but haven't been able to claim this today - no option or notification saying that I got this, just the usual game without ads. Subscription confirmed in iTunes account and unable to resubscribe as it says I've already got a subscription.

Please advise? Am I doing something wrong/looking in the wrong place?

17. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    If it hasn't been 24 hours then you might want to wait until then. Daily deliveries actually stack so you don't need to log back in every day either.

If it is more than a day then please send an email to [email protected] to get them to look at your account specifically.

18. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Ok this game and the grinding is beyond old. No real incentive to keep going. To what end? Deleting time is here

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    New update is out with more content unlocking over the holidays, and a lot of smaller things fixed and cleaned up under the hood.

v1.2
    change notes

* Battle through the snow and earn an explosive new weapon in the Frostbitten event, featuring an all-new storyline! Coming for a limited time, December 20-27 (UTC)
    * Improved the look and usability of buttons and other UI
    * Chainsaw and Scrub Cutter now viewable on the weapons screen with kill stats
    * Various bug fixes and performance improvements

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Not very pleased with how things are going.

I'm still getting destroyed by zombies that run all the way across the side of the map at full speed and there's no way to avoid them. I try to shoot right as they get to me but most of the time that fails and I lose.

Also I often get ads that I watch, then I get a white screen and the game is stuck there. I can still hear the background music but I can't advance, so basically I gave out free ad money for nothing.

And lastly the upgrades cost way too much. You don't get enough coin and each run you have a 1/3 chance of getting a SMALL amount of coin, which is very low odds. And of course as I mentioned I've been screwed over by ads trying to get another loot bag and the game freezes AFTER I've watched the ad. Of course.