Universal Into the Dead 2 (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Oct 11, 2017.

1. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    There are no ads you are forced to watch in the game. You can play through the entire experience without ever watching a 3rd party ad.

There are opt in rewarded videos you can choose to watch for additional giveaways.

2. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Thankyou

Downloading right now

3. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    How does survival mode unlock. And when I play this game my on my iPhone 7 my screen brightness dims. Probably cuz it heats up the battery. Anybody else notice this?

4. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Is there really no endless mode?

5. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #46 JohnnyClash, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Duplicate

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    A couple million? Wow I never thought it would be that expensive....

8. Setlist

Setlist Member

Nov 30, 2012
    [Deleted due to being answered already]

9. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Loving the game so far. I'd never played the original, but the whole package is excellent. I'm definitely feeling the stress when I play with headphones and in the dark. Excellent work and the timers are super lenient. Stamina refills at a reasonable rate and playing levels I already completed uses less stamina than playing a new level, which means that I can manage the timers in a straightforward fashion, based on how much time I have to play. Awesome job all around!

10. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    As soon as I started the game today I got a full screen ad right away......had to clear it off the screen and was no way to avoid it

11. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I think the point that was trying to be conveyed is that changing the subscription from an auto-renew to an opt-in continuation by purchasing another month each month, people would feel much more at ease about doing this. As an example, I purchased an auto renewing monthly subscription for another game and then realized it was an IAP fest (which this is NOT, to be clear), and deleted it. Well then I got charged for another month for a game I no longer owned. It took me re-downloading the game and logging back in and restoring purchases so I could give the person who helped me my userID etc. it was a huge pain.

But I will give you credit for your response to my concern, and it was the best dev response I've ever seen on the forums. That made me go buy the assault rifle so I can support you guys. Either way you do it, there is an IAP for everyone. I would change the auto-renew subscription to a choice of doing so (i.e. an option to auto renew in the settings or to turn it off) or paying month by month. Maybe even offer a 3 month package at a discount. Fantastic game, and hope to see a long lifespan for this one.

- CHIEF

12. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    #52 PikPok, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Hmmm we do have the facility to run fullscreen cross promotions to our other games, though I didn't know that was being utilized.

Yes, there might be the occasional cross promotion of our own stuff (hence me referring to "3rd party" ads). Apologies for the lack of clarity.

The team is reading all feedback, so thanks for your suggestions.

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    only full screen ad ive seen in the game is their own to join their facebook community (edit : i see pikpok already commented confirming this type of popup, -waves-)

14. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Noticed survival is now 3 days long..... I liked it when it was 1. 3 days seems too long.

15. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    My survival mode is locked. Why is that

16. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I really liked the old game modes. Is there really no endless mode in this version

17. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    It was always intended to be multiple days. It was just shorter initially so we could do a live test before the proper launch and featuring kicked in.

18. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    On survival there are no gun sounds.

19. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    The core gameplay is fun but holy moly there are so many F2P shenanigans, through the roof! An energy system, multiple currencies, random loot boxes, video ads, daily rewards, time-limited offers, they didn't forget a single thing! This is text book stuff for the ages! Well done PikPok for implementing all these systems!!

And something the devs might consider changing: For daily challenges I'd prefer there was an instant restart instead of having to go through the whole death and score animations, it gets very tedious.

20. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    #60 kickypants, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    No gun sounds whatsoever on survival mode. No endless modes. So expensive. I mean do guns really need to cost 10 bucks. I'd buy them for 4.99. The f2p is crazy in this game. Timers etc. this game is grind hell. Really makes me realize how good the first game is. This one has shiny new graphics and a story but that doesn't excuse the greed. I mean honestly. If you had survival story and a couple endless modes and lowered the price of weapons and had more weapons people would spend money on this. Hell I bought at least 10 weapons last game with plans to buy them all. Loved the game. Could play as much as I wanted. Now aside from daily challenges I can't. I cloud is wonky. Sometimes work sometimes no transfer. Fail