Netflix Into the Breach (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 19, 2022.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Was happening to me as well.
    I ended up just giving the tutorial a miss.

ste86uk likes this.
  2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks for the info

3. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Th
    They did an interview around the release of this (like 2-3 days ago) saying the toyed around with FTL for iPhone/Android, but said that they just didn’t the gameplay was as fun, and since the game needs more real-time, precise input they just felt the iPhone form factor didn’t work for it. However it is on iPad.

Bloodangel likes this.
  4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Haven’t had any issues here. Perfect fit for touch controls and already knew it was a great game. :)

AltsKev likes this.
  5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Mikhail put together a nice Five Star Review for Into the Breach.

I’d been playing on iPad, then switched to iPhone. While there’s plenty of room on the 11 Pro Max screen, I’ll probably try to stick to the iPad version as cloud saves haven’t been implemented (yet) and I prefer the larger screen real estate for strategy games.

I’ve been playing on Medium difficulty but may switch to Easy until I get the hang of things. I can usually clear 2 missions before meeting my demise so I definitely need more practice. Anyone switch to Easy and notice much difference in difficulty?

6. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I've been playing it like crazy since yesterday. It's a great blend of strategy and puzzle. =) So far, I've beaten 2-3-4 island games with the basic squad, and I've beaten a 4 island with the Fire team, all on Medium difficulty. I'm trying my first Hard difficulty right now.

For some reason, I cannot unlock the Frost Titans (who are supposed to be OP) no matter what I do, despite having the coins and even buying up all the squads before it. Is this maybe a glitch on my phone's touchpad or are other people seeing this?

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I also can’t buy them.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I believe this incoming patch may sort it. Check third point.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IntoTheBreach/comments/w4gynd/news_into_the_breach_advanced_edition_patch_721/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

rslowe likes this.
  9. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    Omg thank you, been having this issue myself. Good to know the fix is already on the way! Otherwise loving this, so glad it finally and to mobile. The switch version was good but absolutely prefer playing on iPad.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I cleared my first island! That felt well-earned. I was even playing on medium :) Tried “easy” but it didn’t seem that much easier so I’m glad I had switched back. I bought a couple new classes but went back to the starting class because I want to get to the point where I don’t have to think about how each unit works. Freaking love this gem.

11. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    OMG i always thought this game is a better fit for iOS than for PC.

Just downloaded …

12. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    This was just updated with cloud save through Netflix’s account backend. Finally!

ste86uk, MetaGonzo and aussiepaul like this.
  13. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Amazing. That’s why I gave up. Thanks!

Alex DeLargest likes this.