Internet problems. Help?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Chapperz :D, May 27, 2010.

1. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    So my I couldn't connect to the Internet yesterday and I had hoped the problem would go away but I've waited a day and it hasn't. First of all it must be either to do with my computer or my network adapter because my iPod can connect to the internet fine(how I am writing this) and so can my brother. I've tried disconnecting and connecting, changing some security setting or something and just generally anything I could.

I don't know what to do any more. I don't understand why it would suddenly stop working. I'm pretty sure it's not a virus because I have norton Internet security and I've ran 2 full system scans but only tracking cookies come up.What's annoying is my computer recognises that my home hum has a strong connecivity but it just isn't connecting. I have a feeling it's my adapter because it just seems the most likely.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I've had this problem many times... Can you message me the details (service provider)? I don't normally check back on threads

3. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    If you don't mind I would like some advice on my internet problem.

Problem: During downloading big files or torrents, my internet quits, but it says I'm connected at full bars and there are no problems. TWIST: all other wi-fi devices work except my laptop works, and it is only cured by a reboot.

Advice?

Note: for the anti-piracy guys out there, I would like to inform you the torrenting is for movies I own and want decent quality on hard drive and stuff iTunes scammed me out of,

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Check your IP on your iPod. If it starts out 169.x.x.x, then your router is sending out a default signal that doesn't actually work. I've been getting it a lot on my iPod lately, its quite frustrating and there isn't one sure-fire fix.

5. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    How is your computer connected?

Is there Wifi and that is how your iPod is connecting?

The check your IP thing the guy above me said is not really true either..... but it depends

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Actually, it is true. If your WiFi IP is 169.x then its not going to be a working signal.

7. sidewinder12s

sidewinder12s Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Student
    USA
    I more meant that it is unlikely that it is set to that, although if it is in that address range, it looks like your DHCP client on your computer cant find the server on your router. you can always try resetting your network card and see if that fixes it.