Universal Interloper (by Anchorite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by physicalpariah, Jul 29, 2020.

1. physicalpariah

physicalpariah Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Oh something else for the crowd here at TA. Has anyone fully lost their save? Like close the game one moment, next moment it boots you back into the tutorial, and all your inventory is gone?

I’ve had a couple people review the game on the App Store say as much.. and I’m guessing it’s my implementation of iCloud.. maybe.. but if I could get more info that’d be great.

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    While I haven’t lost my items, I am sent back to practice: survival run even though I already finished it, both after game release and trying the tutorial after the latest patch.

3. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Does that just happen randomly?

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well. I will let you know if it’s random or not after I got off from work.

physicalpariah likes this.
  5. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    It should come back if you press "replay tutorial" in settings, but otherwise no.

6. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    A bug and a suggestion:
    For descriptions on some weapons or items are cut off when viewed in landscape mode

suggestion: maybe have descriptions on some ships because I’m not really sure what some of the commonwealth ships do.

comments: the game works much more smoothly after the recent update, especially the collection system.
    Nice job

7. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Didn't realise the descriptions were cut off!! I'll have to fix that...
    And yeah I've had a couple suggestions for a codex / index of everything in the game. I'll have a think about it.

Glad its smoother!

8. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    Again, small bug, doesn’t affect gameplay, but in landscape, the “exit run” text and “allies” text overlap.

just remembered another one. After pressing the “?” Button in the logout section, the instructions say that you can manage inventory by pressing manage attachments button on the bottom left, but that button is on the bottom right, so just one word fix. Photo is for the first bug btw

Attached Files:

9. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Cheers, I'll add them to the list

10. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    Sigh. Another suggestion is that when managing attachments, the trash button is right next to the info button, so sometimes i delete items when i just want to read the description. Maybe add a confirm button for trashing?

sorry I’m adding so many bugs and stuff. One bug probably takes a long time to fix and. I can’t imagine how many you have.
    thanks and sorry

11. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    No, please don't be sorry! I'd rather know if something isn't working. It's always better to know, and to queue it up for fixes!

A confirm button would be very logical haha.

You can also see how many bugs I've got over on the game's trello board. (they're not ordered in priority though..) which you can find on the "roadmap" button on the main menu of the game.

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    After finishing all tutorial missions, I am back to normal daily missions.

I am certain I finished up to the transport run last time I played though, I had to start over from the survival run tutorial.

13. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hmmmm ok I’ll keep an eye on that.

14. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    I think it’s a bug and a question/suggestion

bug: for the y-42a rail gun, the first shot it fires does not decrease the ammo. The second shot does however.

A question: is RoF rate of fire? Cause I feel like it may be hard to understand that, and it’s kinda confusing how the rate of fire works. 0.5,0.1 every 0.5 seconds? I’m not sure. Maybe just clarify that

15. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

Hmm I think the issue with the railgun is that the UI is reporting incorrectly.. which means it’s likely happening for all weapons.

And yes RoF should probably be clarified. (I honestly can’t remember haha.. pretty sure it’s seconds between shots though. Will confirm!)

16. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    Bug i think:

even when the throttle is at half, the speed is still zero. Hopefully these photos capture it.

also maybe some more on the allies, they’re kinda confusing?
    Sorry and thanks

Attached Files:

17. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #157 Jstorm, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Where is the max number of reinforcements info?

I think you are missing a “‘“ from todays missions, unless that’s the Aussie’s way.

18. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Little typo- Commonwealth misspelled in the AC-50 Heavy Autocannon description

19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Typos

MX24 firey
    Y-12 fire

Description
    Ac-73 Are you sure it’s 1,200 rpm?

20. Nyetek

Nyetek Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Awesome game and it’s nice to see you are responsive to fans.
    I notice you have an option for auto fire and while it can’t be deselected I presume that this means you are at least thinking about giving players the ability to shoot manually. I would respectfully encourage you to do so. I like to have a high degree of control over whatever shooter I am playing and usually will not play games with auto fire or worse, auto aim. I am enjoying your game so far and hence making an exception for it but I think this would improve it a great deal.