Universal Interloper (by Anchorite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by physicalpariah, Jul 29, 2020.

1. physicalpariah

physicalpariah Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Interloper 1.4 (Release)
    Intercept
    frig-explode.gif
    Alright, build is finally up!

Additional changes beyond the last patch notes:
    • Horizontal touch control remapping works... again.
    • Out of range distance indicators on radar mode are smaller
    • Sound system can now handle more sounds playing at once due to shorter sounds in general (less of a long tail on them)
    • Player can no longer easily get stuck in terrain objects (still thinking about how to work with ships though..)
    • All traces of Analytics fully removed.

2. nathannoes

nathannoes New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Male
    This may have been answered before but I am having a problem with finding a way of deleting/resetting the game’s progress.

It’s auto-linked to the Game Center on iOS as well as iCloud but I can’t find a way to reset progress. Is there a way to reset the game while still being linked to it? Reinstalling does not fix the issue.

Thanks, great game

3. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Err no, there's actually no way to reset the progress, but the game's designed in such a way that you really shouldn't need to?

Why do you want to reset?

4. nathannoes

nathannoes New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Male
    I wanted to keep the same pilot but reset the stats. I found a workaround for it, though so it’s all good. Would customizable Pilot Names be considered in the future?

I appreciate you replying, thanks.

5. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    No worries!

6. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    I've gotten a couple reports of players not being able to launch missions with the latest update... if anyone's got info on this or can describe it more to me, that'd be great!

7. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    Love the new space colour!

physicalpariah likes this.
  8. Spudanky!

Spudanky! Member

Aug 30, 2020
    Male
    Not sure if this is the same problem: on daily endless I’ve had successful runs, but spamming hard survival runs I die super super easily (I was flying the ship with no shields so I assumed I was just bad) but I’ve also experienced getting kicked from the mission while beginning to travel to the next wave; hard to tell if it’s a legitimate death or bug. Either way a “report”? window pops up, close it, sometimes the game reviews what loot I’ve lost, but occasionally I’ll just get kicked to the main menu. I’m now near loot-less lol. A unintended viable solution to reset one’s in-game progression.

9. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

It's a bit of an ask, but if you could get a recording of the kick to main menu behaviour that'll help me figure it out.

It *could* be that you're travelling to the edge of the map, which will trigger a warp out (as in bail out of mission). If that happens on the first wave then you'll be booted to the main menu. This behaviour is something I'll change in the next patch, as it's pretty easy to hit the edge with the Interceptor.

10. Spudanky!

Spudanky! Member

Aug 30, 2020
    Male
    I would have to clear some storage first. Down to a couple gigs from 250! Definitely will send a clip if I do end up recording. It’s probably what you’ve described, me leaving the map like a bish, although isn’t there usually a warning? I don’t necessarily remember seeing it this time.

I like the interceptor a lot, but boy is it tough. Don’t really have a handle on it at all. I‘ve been waay more successful in the bomber, but it’s not as fun to pilot being a tank and never dying ..yet.

The enemy radar lines are fantastic and helps tremendously in staying oriented in combat. The ui clearly showing kills is great. So many nice improvements. There was one moment where a fighter seemed to fly directly towards me and I got low key jump scared anticipating a collision, destroying them in the nick of time, explosion wizzing by me, inexplicable wind blowing through my hair. Really cool moments.

11. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    There absolutely should be...

Glad to hear *this* feature works.

Spudanky! likes this.
  12. nathannoes

nathannoes New Member

Feb 1, 2021
    Male
    Is anyone else having a problem with the ‘Remap Controls’ option not saving your control resizing/positioning? It keeps resetting mine into a small, default position every time I hit the ‘check’ save button on the bottom-right.

Resetting the controls to default also doesn’t help.

Attached Files:

13. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

Hem yep, remap is somehow busted again...... I’ll look into it properly tomorrow and try to get a build out with a fix ASAP. Sorry..

nathannoes likes this.
  14. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Sorry if this has been asked before... does Interloper have iCloud saves? Thanks!

15. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    It most certainly does!

16. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Awesome, thanks... Can’t wait to try it!

physicalpariah likes this.
  17. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Android

So I've got a working verison of Interloper ready for some alpha testing on Android. Would anyone here be interested in that?

If so, and you're keen to test + provide feedback, leave me a DM.

18. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Patreon
    Don't worry, it's really just a blog.
    Hey all. I've launched a patreon page for Anchorite. Honestly I was looking for a solution to do blog posts from my iPad easily and found their cms was better than most, so here it is!

The first post there is a look at what'll be coming to Interloper over the next year, and a bit of background on where I'm at as a dev.

If you're interested, take a gander over here

brerlappin likes this.
  19. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Sale? Sale.

Interloper’s on sale for a week starting today. If you’ve been holding out, nows your chance.

ThirdMoon and brerlappin like this.
  20. unrealsense

unrealsense Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Hey I've read your blog post on Patreon. Very excited for what it is to come yet to Interloper. I am having a blast with this game and I love that you are still working on it and have tons fo cool features that hopefully will come in the future.

I really like the idea you mention about slots for perks. And I think something cool would be kind of like treating the perk slots as equipment as an example, slots on the pilots helmet or glove. Every time you take a "wound" one of this slots is damaged (here you could add some FX and maybe show the slot damaged with some circuits or sparks and smoke or something). So if you take 3 damage means you ran out of slots for your perks and then maybe on the 4th wound the pilot simply dies and you need to "hire" a new pilot again and start the process of building your perk deck , etc.

Anyway I like the direction you're taking. Good luck with this project and keep up the good work :)