Universal Interloper (by Anchorite)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by physicalpariah, Jul 29, 2020.

1. physicalpariah

physicalpariah Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hey all, just popping in to say that there won't be another update this week. Been a busy couple weeks for me and I just haven't had enough time to put together something worth releasing.

Should be back to business as usual next week.

Spudanky!, ynotle and sebgo like this.
  2. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    ALRIGHT.

New build is up for people on Testflight.

Don’t spoil the surprise for anyone who’s not on testflight :D

I’d love to get some detailed feedback on this one, so please DM me as much as you can!

ynotle likes this.
  3. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    question: is there a specific way to get better loot? or is it random? based off how many ships you killed?

4. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Two things determine your loot drops.
    1. Run Difficulty, and
    2. Depth into the run.
    So for instance, KRS Blitz is a 12 wave Hard run. At wave 1 you're most likely to get uncommon loot, at wave 12 you're most likely to get rare loot, but with a good chance of getting epic loot.

Hope that clears it up?

5. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    yeah thanks! Also what are the colors for rarities?

6. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Oh they're the similar to the weapons.

Blue = easy
    Yellow = medium
    Magenta = hard.

7. Jon B

Jon B New Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    Huge annoyance as this keeps happening every once in a while and today I lost two full load outs with the best items in game because of this! Please make it right!!

8. Jon B

Jon B New Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    I also want to say that overlooking the few bugs, Interloper is an amazing game and very well put together. I would really like to see more high tier weapons as well as maybe a third unlockable utility slot(?) Also tweak the battles so it is clearer when you are being fired at, and maybe make ai harder or bigger ships to beat. I haven’t seen any launch cards available for assault runs lately, maybe more available types of hard level cards each day too.
    Keep up the awesome work, but please also keep some of these things in mind.

9. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

O.O that... looks as though you were killed by your own bullets? I’ll look into that for the next patch.
    Did it happen with guided rails both times?

As for your other feedback, noted! There’s a bunch of new features coming pretty soon that I think should address some of your concerns there, and whatever isn’t addressed in features that are coming soon, will be addressed in the future.

10. Jon B

Jon B New Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    Yeah, the last time was also dual guided rails. Yep, killed by my OP bullets lolol. Instead of firing the projectile forward, the fire punched the gun barrels backward, thus ripping off the wings and airlock of my craft, and blowing my current inventory to oblivion. Always check for rat nests in your guns before launch

sebgo and ynotle like this.
  11. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    I was gonna explain some technical reason for why this might be happening, but nah this is canon now.

sebgo and Spudanky! like this.
  12. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Store builds are going up for last weeks beta stuff!

Buckle up.

Spudanky! likes this.
  13. Darth_Prada

Darth_Prada Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Male
    #333 Darth_Prada, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Hey

Have been really busy at work due to COVID going nuts here but I have ran into a couple odd situations one I just seen in Jon Bs video there but I’ve also had dual magenta rail guns ( I call it the fighter shredder loadout 3 shots and your screens cleared of any tight grouped fighter formations) in every map now I’ve played and is actually the number one reason I die :( the rail gun bullets will come flying back kat me out of no where especially if I don’t hit roll as soon as the weapons fire took me forever to figure out what was killing me. It was my own OP firepower.

Also just ran into a bug In Assault on Rayleigh Hard. The Ai override Well the Egg heads where right to warn us against its use because if you targeting is off and you think your taking over a enemy frigate but no instead you take over the tactically useless resource bunker base you were sent to blow up and then you basically stall the mission out because I’m assuming the scripting to jump you to the next battle is waiting for your to wipe all objects with that identifier off the map and your stuck warping out of the mission..... I guess I could have went to manual weapons I just thought of that now but It might helpful if that module couldn’t take those over because that cool down is brutal to have it wasted on that.

Also before I go melt my face off with a missle trying this can we shoot missles down on manual fire mode? I got it in my head the flak cannon or Vulcan cannon might be able to or is it just the anti missle modules that can knock them out

14. Darth_Prada

Darth_Prada Member

Sep 18, 2020
    Male
    Oh and quick question about the assault carrier are there supposed to be repair frigates that warp in with it or am I miss understanding the description because my carrier gets overwhelmed very fast and for the I think I see 8 fighters on its flight deck are only 2 or 3 supposed to launch at a time cause the fighter fleet which I’m still trying to replace after I ate my own rail gun ricochet seems to be the most useful at helping unless it’s against a capital ship then they seem to have issues which reminds me I’ve had it happen now twice that a enemy cruiser has been to close to a asteroid or structure and my fleet Npcs will get stuck on the other side of it firing at the rock or building and eventually they will basically try to fly through the object instead of around it to get to the target and that’s been on multiple maps.

last observation sorry I’ve been writing things down and I just found the post it I thought I lost but many times I’ve had the capital ship jump either because I nuked it I think or sometimes the capital ships just do weird glitchy jumps in location on me and a lot of time they do it right over the map boundaries and I’m warped out of the mission

15. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    @Darth_Prada Thanks for the notes! I'll be looking into the various issues with a bunch of utilities (including AI takeover, thrusters, and a couple others), and the rail issues, among other bugs for the next patch after today.

Assault carriers are meant to spawn both fighters and repair drones... maybe the ratio is off?

And yeah the capital ship jump bug should have been fixed in the last patch?

16. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer

Interloper. v1.11
    Endless
    endless.gif

And here we go. Endless Mode, or as I like to call it, big feature #1 for Interloper.

If you're unfamiliar with the concept of daily runs, it's fairly simple. Everyone gets the same run (or at least... very similar), get as far as you can in this run, there's no end point, no final boss. When you reach the end of the sixth wave, the run will loop, doubling the enemy counts. This continues until you die or warp out.

When you eventually end the run, your score will be posted to Game Centre and your rank will be shown on the leaderboard for that day.

Now the tricky thing here is that your score isn't simply the amount of kills you get or the amount of waves you've gone but rather a combination of those things multiplied by difficulty. Difficulty here relates to your loadout. Going in big with a full loadout of epic items? You'll get less score than you would if you went in with nothing but a single auto cannon.

To start with there's three endless runs: an easy, medium and hard. Each day will cycle in a new run. Over time I'll add new endless mode runs into the mix as well.

Beyond Endless Mode, there's also some other neat little updates in this patch, including a fix to the much maligned capital ship skip bug and a new weapon, the heavy burst auto cannon.

The next few weeks might just be small bug fix patches as I gear up for the next big feature drop. In the meantime, good luck on the Endless runs!

Full Update List:
    • New Game Mode: Daily Endless Run
    • New Weapon: Heavy Burst Autocannon
    • Slight balance tweaks

Bugs Fixed
    • ... yes? It's been a time over the past weeks. 99% sure I fixed something..

PraetorianX, Spudanky! and sebgo like this.
  17. Jon B

Jon B New Member

Oct 9, 2020
    Male
    This problem is still recurring and so frustrating. I can’t play the game sometimes because it’s just too much stress to lose all the best stuff after playing for 2mins.

18. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Sorry, I’ve not had a chance to fix this (it’s been a hell of a couple weeks for me) it’s on my priority for Monday next week, with a build on TestFlight Tuesday and hopefully patch submitted and live by Wednesday next week.

In the meantime I’d advise either just using one guided rail, or avoiding them for the time being.

19. Spudanky!

Spudanky! Member

Aug 30, 2020
    Male
    I see what you’re getting at with the drift style flight. At it’s best I like it a lot. It adds a sense of immersive exhilaration and tension when pulling off close maneuvers.

The barrel dodge is really the “fun sponge” of my experience atm. I know there’s a trajectory bug when dodge rolling. It usually leaves me disoriented upon use. I can sometimes track an enemy through a roll, satisfying! but more often than not it takes extra maneuvers to get back on target, interrupting my precious concentration. To be able to apply “breaks” to the dodge roll while spinning so you can more easily track targets out of the maneuver would help. I guess by break I mean tapping the stick in the opposite direction of the roll. That level of precision would be dope. While we’re at it, what about lengthen the dodge roll to up to two spins? Why not?! Perhaps most of my problems would be fixed with a simple trajectory fix, so you can better predict your angle post dodge, but controlling the duration of your dodge would be helpful as rolling is the main tactic for initially lining up a target. TLDR: I think the dodge roll could be more responsive with slightly more flight control.

I wish regular top speeds felt a little more exaggerated, especially as someone who doesn’t always play with a boost utility. I don’t love that boosts are a trade off. I’ve also mentioned this before: being able to cancel the boost at anytime would help prevent knocking into things. I know flight controls are something you’ll be looking at more so I wanted to consolidate my overall feelings about it.

Could you tell? Lil bit of a control freak over here!

20. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Cheers for the detailed feedback there! I won’t go into too much detail around what my solutions will be for controls, but I’m definitely working on them. It’s just more of a longer term thing right now.

Specifically, though I agree that dodge roll isn’t quite there, and there’s currently a bug that I can’t seem to solve where the speed effects just... turn off sometimes. Definitely impacts the ability to quickly read how fast you’re going.

Spudanky! likes this.