Integrating PlacePlay in to Your Title(s)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by RyanM, Dec 17, 2010.

1. RyanM

RyanM Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Hi Guys -

I'll try to keep this as short as I can - feel free to PM me, or just respond here if you'd like to discuss further. You can also reach me directly @ [email protected]

__

We just launched our first two titles, Feed Al: A Finger Physics Odyssey and Flipstones 2, with our new location based gaming platform, PlacePlay. The version of PlacePlay available in Feed Al and Flipstones 2 is an Alpha and we're using it to gather data on usage, make changes to maximize results, et al.

The point of PlacePlay is to provide gamers with in-game virtual currency, content, offers, local leader boards, etc. in exchange for sharing their location (think FB Places and Foursquare) in game. The location share can be done in multiple ways, the simplest of which is to post a high score to the location leader board, which also includes city/state - social leader boards coming soon.

We're looking for 5-10 developers (we have a couple now) to integrate PlacePlay in to their titles to help us drive user scale, further learn what does and doesn't work, and get feedback from developers on what they need/want from the system to make it valuable.

As you are all aware, location data is valuable, location data + an engaged audience (which games provide) is really valuable - and if we scale to a large enough audience, we'll have a bunch monetization oppty's (promises promises :)) We have a ways to go before we start making people meaningful $$'s but we will have some tools available around EO Jan to get started.

So, why would you integrate PlacePlay now?

- First, we know everyone's time is valuable, so we're willing to work with devs to find a way to make it worth your while - whether it be providing the location data, cash, cross-promotion with our titles (Finger Physics, Flipstones, Gin Rummy, etc.), PR support, helping you with the development, whatever - there's always a way and we're hungry to get some devs on board.
    - Second, it's cool. Our users like competing locally and yours probably do too - we also have a bunch of new features coming.
    - Third, because you're willing to try something new and want to help out a fellow indie dev.
    - Fourth, because we want PlacePlay to be shaped by the developer community, and we obviously need developer feedback to do that. :)
    - Fifth, PlacePlay is not a replacement for Game Center, OpenFeint, Plus, whatever - PlacePlay can be used in conjunction with any of them.

This isn't going to make sense for a lot of you - but if any of you are interested in learning more, reach out and I can share more about what we're doing, where PlacePlay is headed, and how we can work together. Or, if you've played the games and have feedback - I'd love to hear it.

Lastly, if you're in Seattle and in search of a new gig, we're looking for a Tech Program Manager for PlacePlay - you can view the JD here.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from some of you,

Ryan Morel