Installing Beta file help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by le'deuche123, May 19, 2009.

1. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hey guys, I searched for help and found how to install the beta file, however I've now run into a problem:

I received the file by e-mail clicked the link, downloaded the file, then used winzip to unzip it, then I extracted the file to my ipod touch applications file. From there I moved the file over into the itunes library and the icon showed up. It is checked when I click the applications tab, and it seems to want to sync however after the sync it tells me it cannot be installed because it could not be verified. Anyone have a similar problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Make sure you also installed the provisioning profile. Try dragging the profile again into iTunes.

3. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Everything appears to be in one file. Where is the provisioning file and how do I identify it?? Thanks for the reply by the way.

4. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    The app should be in one folder named xxxx.app
    But you also need to get the provisioning profile. It is a seperate file the dev gets you. This is what authorizes you / let's iTunes install the beta.

5. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Thanks Danny I've contacted the dev to see if he can send over the provisioning profile. I imagine that's the problem as I didn't see a provisioning profile. Oh well I guess we'll see later when I can play around with it again.

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    K, no problem. Keep us updated. BTW, check in the .zip file to make sure it's not in there or inside the app folder. Just in case.

7. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I got it too work. The dev sent me an uncompressed beta file for the game that still didn't work, and then sent the most recent provision file and poof!! Game on. Just thought I would post my solution so other's in future will not be as frustrated as I was searching for info on fixes. @Danny- Thanks for your help bud, I probably wouldn't have gotten it working without your tips:)